Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 26, 2009, 10:28 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Hahahahahaha 6600GT!!! Where did you get that piece of crap? :P
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old February 26, 2009, 10:29 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
I'm in a tactical realism clan called <82ndAB>, I'll stop by some of your servers sometime. I guess firing from the hip is ok in your servers ?
Naw, we use sights only.. I mean if you're surprised then you do what you gotta do. But it's also a tactical realism server. We play in TCC ladder with OW mod on pretty strict realism settings/rules. Our S&D is a bit more relaxed but no hip firing/run n gun/hopping all the typical crap.
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old February 26, 2009, 04:01 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

There has been a significant drop in players I noticed on most gaming servers on the PC lately, actually for quite some time, due to the MASSIVE cheating/aimbotters on COD servers. The same thing happened back then with UT2004 - so a lot of people (good and regular players) have stopped playing. It's extremely hard to find decent servers nowadays unless you get into a well run private server with regular GOOD players properly admined, or clans, again with the same specs.
Old February 26, 2009, 04:16 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarKStar View Post
There has been a significant drop in players I noticed on most gaming servers on the PC lately, actually for quite some time, due to the MASSIVE cheating/aimbotters on COD servers. The same thing happened back then with UT2004 - so a lot of people (good and regular players) have stopped playing. It's extremely hard to find decent servers nowadays unless you get into a well run private server with regular GOOD players properly admined, or clans, again with the same specs.

Our server is pretty much on lockdown during peak times; if you're on when the clan is it's really well admined. There are about 6 others in our league that are as well; so we all basically play among eachothers servers and I truly don't venture beyond that because of everything you describe above.
Old February 26, 2009, 05:04 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by encorp View Post
Naw, we use sights only.. I mean if you're surprised then you do what you gotta do. But it's also a tactical realism server. We play in TCC ladder with OW mod on pretty strict realism settings/rules. Our S&D is a bit more relaxed but no hip firing/run n gun/hopping all the typical crap.
:(
Looks like I won't be playing, run and gunning I can understand, but I fail to see how jumping is unrealistic. I get called a bunny hopper a lot. But I don't care what anyone says if someone was shooting at me I'd sure as hell would be jumping and running for cover.
Old February 26, 2009, 05:53 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Forget about what people call you - you will be called everything from a bunny hopper, runner, even call you out for using the same weapons let alone whining about guns on a guns server ;-) As long as you're not cheating you shouldn't be concerned - as to bunny hopping in COD lol I'd love to see a video of that ! :D
Old February 26, 2009, 06:15 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MAX View Post
:(
Looks like I won't be playing, run and gunning I can understand, but I fail to see how jumping is unrealistic. I get called a bunny hopper a lot. But I don't care what anyone says if someone was shooting at me I'd sure as hell would be jumping and running for cover.

Jumping causes A LOT of issues wit4 latency in FPS games. Forget trying to do realism or anything.. jumping in COD$ can basically make you invisiable as due to latency you will never be where the person is aiming even if they are responding fast enough. Youtube some tests of it; basically standing still and jumping makes you nearly immune to fire. And so it is banned from most serious playfields in most fps.
Old February 26, 2009, 06:35 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

llc-ops.net :)
Old February 27, 2009, 08:42 AM
MVP

My System Specs

I've been playing more L4D and Battlefield Heroes Beta recently, but I do love a good game of COD4.

However I didn't really like COD5 much, it's mediocre at best IMO.
-Deadpool
Old February 27, 2009, 09:37 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Yeah I agree with COD5, besides we all know we're waiting patiently for COD4:MW2