Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 24, 2009, 01:43 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadaveca View Post
This is one game that DOES NOT deserve to be on pc...arcade sticks FTW!!!

BUUU!
Old February 24, 2009, 02:57 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmac79 View Post
this is commin out for pc a lil later hopefully they don't *%#$ it up
Seeing how it's coming out after consoles, it's most likely a console port from XBOX...let's hope they fix the bugs unlike GTA4.
Old February 24, 2009, 03:03 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Meh, almost everything is a console port nowadays. Especially fighting/shooter/action games. Some are just better than others.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old February 24, 2009, 03:52 PM
Banned
F@H

That's why I have all three consoles. Playing on development platform= teh win!!!
Old February 25, 2009, 04:27 AM
MVP

My System Specs

for pc guys needing a decent controller and not wanting to buy a $150 arcade stick for one fighting game i have a tip...

old xbox (not 360) controllers are usb with a funky end. cut it off and attach a regular usb (ignore the yellow wire, just tape it up), and grab these drivers. now you have an xbox controller that works on pc (and sees the xbox headset as a usb mic/headset).

there are arcade sticks available for old xbox as well that might be cheaper to hack than buying a new one.
Old February 25, 2009, 07:51 AM
Banned
F@H

the 360 controllers, wired, just plug right in. I've got one that I use ALOT...works great with WindowsLive titles. I also did the regular xbox controller mod...you can now buy the cable for it that attaches at the quick-disconnect junction for around $5.
Old February 25, 2009, 08:15 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

i just bought a logitech dual action analog controller for 20 bux at staples and it works jsut as good as a 360 controller
Old February 25, 2009, 08:29 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadaveca View Post
the 360 controllers, wired, just plug right in. I've got one that I use ALOT...works great with WindowsLive titles. I also did the regular xbox controller mod...you can now buy the cable for it that attaches at the quick-disconnect junction for around $5.
oh i didnt know the wired 360 ones just worked like that...i have never actually seen one lol.

i knew you could buy the adapter, but suggested it for people who dont have one already or doesnt want to pay $40+ for a decent game pad. you can also do this mod faster than your order would be processed online, its pretty basic stuff. only problem is i dont know where you could even buy an old xbox controller now. maybe if you asked nice at an eb-games or something? pawn shops maybe too.

i built mine with a break-away cable too, its still got a working xbox plug as well as the usb. so many people asked me where i bought it and couldnt believe that it was homebrew...i like tinkering though, my old xbox has a usb port on it as well

anyway, on topic. i am loving this game so far. its like sf2:ce but with super cancels, one-twos, ex moves, super tight controls and a cool counter system (though i like the parry system in sf3 more). the boss is a jerk though i can beat him easy with some characters and others it took me a million tries (i think c. viper is my record for losses to him at 40+ straight losses on medium, best of 3, 99 seconds).
Old February 28, 2009, 03:11 AM
MVP

My System Specs

so, anyone beat the hard trials yet? that is some serious stuff right there...i beat all the normal ones, but the hard ones are really hard. i have beat blankas, and the first levels of a few other guys i tried (ryu, chun-li, honda etc, mostly old characters i have known for years) but i havnt tried everyone yet and some people are too hard for me to beat the first level (akuma). anyone have any tips for the ex cancel? i can cancel anything and dash cancel out of the ex focus attack, but im not good enough yet to keep the combo going (specifically akumas first hard trial). anyone have any tips?

heres a link to some videos a guy put on youtube of himself finishing every challenge for every character. they can help big time if you are stuck on something...i got stuck on one for abel and i watched the clip and learned that i was doing it wrong lol (not supposed to cancel the crouching hard punch into the super, but juggle him into the super).

YouTube - kalelulen4's Channel (there are a few more characters on page two if you cant find the one you are looking for)

edit - figured it out tried to do kens first level hard trails and got the timing for the cancel down, went back to akumas and did it too. thumb sore...

Last edited by t0m; February 28, 2009 at 08:50 AM.
Old February 28, 2009, 06:30 AM
MVP
F@H

Oh the days of Pacman, Space invaders and Frogger.

How I miss them....
RIG #1 - Intel E8400 // TRU-X 120 w noctua NF-P12 // GA-X38-DQ6 // GTX285 OC // 8g Ram OCZ Fatal1ty PC8500 // X-Fi Elite Pro sound // z-5500 speakers // OCZ 850w Gamer XTream PSU // WD Raptor 150g // Seagate 1Tb // 2xSeagate 500g ex// Logitec G-15 keyboard // Vista Ultimate 64bit
RIG #2 - AMD64 3500+ // Asus A8N-E // 8800GTS 512 OC // Enermax Liberty SLI 500W Modular PSU // WD Caviar 250g