Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 18, 2009, 06:52 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Default CoD WaW new map pack

just got this in my email from cod4 forums
If there's one thing that has been consistent with games this current gen, it's downloadable content. Call of Duty 4 released a DLC pack, that saw a warm reception. Now it's COD: WaW's turn, which will release a DLC Map Pack sometime in March.
Activision has announced what's included with the map pack, and will feature four distinct maps including:

Nightfire
In "Nightfire," players take to the streets of a war-ravaged Berlin with only the flames of the burning city to expose the enemy.

Station
"Station" offers a bombed out underground train station littered with hidden passageways and destroyed subway cars.

Knee Deep
"Knee Deep" takes place on the island of Peleliu in a once tranquil village turned chaotic Japanese command center.

Verrückt (Zombie Asylum)
The fan favorite 4-player co-op Nazi Zombies Bonus Mode returns with "Verrückt," a terrifying Zombie asylum featuring more weapons, perks via the addition of Perks-a-Cola machines, electroshock defenses and the endless zombie horde.

Sounds like a few good maps. Nightfire sounds like its gonna be a nice lookin map with all the burning buildings.Dunno about anyone else but i was gettin real bored of the stock maps in waw,thank god they fixed the redirect in the last patch and got the customs on the go

Just found this screenshot of one of the new maps.Looks like it would be Nightfire
Old February 18, 2009, 07:34 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Just got that email too,may play more when they are released as the other maps are getting old fast.
Old February 18, 2009, 08:32 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

To little to late for me. I uninstalled this two days back and will soon be selling it. I really had to force myself to play this game for 6 weeks now and was only mildly entertained at the best of times, the only reason I kept it that long was because of the carrot on a stick they incorporated into the game by way of ranks and unlockables. I actually went back to CoD 4 because I just couldn't stand WaWs drab pale gray scenery and textures all just seemed so washed out and dreary. Even the E-mail they sent out looks pale and dreary. lol