Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 23, 2009, 09:13 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmac79 View Post
Im not a console gamer. I will never buy another console. The last one i bought was a ps1 about 12 yrs ago. I just don't like usin the WASD keys i use the arrows and the surrounding keys i find it more comfortable, but deadspace wouldn't let me change the keys. I have about 250 pc games, im far from a console gamer lmao.............But anyway i finally finshed fear 2 ...took me a while cause i was in the middle of a cpl other games. it was ok but way to short,like most sp games these days (which is why i never buy games just for sp). the graphics and all were pretty good,some cool new weapons but the first one was better imo. no lean kinda me off as well lol.
Ah... totally makes sense. I used to do that too years ago. You should try and get used to WASD it really isn't that hard. And then you don't have to fudge it if a game doesn't support the numpad. :)

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old February 24, 2009, 12:31 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Haven't installed this yet but am curious about the letterboxing I had in the demo. Anyone find a way around it on a 16:10 monitor with the full version? This is one suggestion. Anyone can confirm?

Quote:
UPDATE (11/2) How to remove black bars (vertical lines) on top and bottom of screen
You may seem black vertical lines on top and bottom of your screen if you play FEAR 2 : Project Origin at certain widescreen resolutions. As far as I know this issue only arises in some ATI graphics cards (EDIT: on some NVIDIA GPU as well) including multi GPU configurations. This occurs when you have forced anisotropic filtering through your display driver’s control panel. Set this to ‘application controlled’ (or whatever similar setting in your GPU control panel) and the problem should be solved.
Also, if anyone feels like poking around in the cfg files to see if there's an aspect ratio setting let us know.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old February 24, 2009, 12:48 PM
Hall Of Fame

Welp finished the game.

Scariness lost its edge about 3/4 way through.

Ending .. was uh .. yah.