Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 12, 2009, 04:34 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Question NFS PU - stuck in evolution progress...

Guys, I started (after years) playing NFS Porsche Unleashed again and this time I decided no more cheats (not even money ones) and I go from scratch. Of course upgrading the NFS PU first to v3.5 enhanced, patching the windows so they are transparent even when damaged and then running the game under Windows 2000 SP4 with no problemo - except for the nVidia trashed fonts, but that is a separate problem...

During the evolution, I managed to win the Spyder, but I failed with Mobby Dick racing car. I had the savegame saved before, so when I screw up the race, I thought it let me race again, but wrong...
(and then I did not have enough money to buy Moby Dick, and before I got them, it is out of the garage now?!)

So, that is why I did not... However now I'm in Modern Era and from the tournaments I have made the Class 3, Class 2 ... but the Class 1 says my car is not good. They did not specifically mention it, but I think they are mean some more recent car (or GT1?) - but in new cars, there is nothing more recent that 911 Turbo Carrera 4, witch is surprisingly slower that the 911 Turbo 3.6 ... Anyway, what car are need there?
And where to get it?

:help:
Old February 20, 2009, 08:12 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Red face

Still STUCK

I already own, from the last line of cars, these:
'93, 911 Turbo 3.6 Coupe (964)
'96, 911 Carrera 4S Coupe (993)
'96, 911 Carrera Coupe (993)
...and still cannot enter the new race

Two more very annoying points for me:
1) no Moby Dick - crash bad in the race, restart Porsche with the saved game but no chance to run this race again - damn! I wish I have the chance again, but... Probably need some "mission selector" cheat, huh?
(trying to look into used cars, having spare 2.000.000, but no-no...)
2) no Boxster - during the moving on in the Factory driver storyline I wind a Porsche Boxster car. First they give me Carrera 2.7 RS with interesting paint, then Boxster - but thre was the catch - no Boxster in my garage!!!

I can select it and play with it in the Single Player game... yep, it is mine with all the colors and stuff, but not in Evolution mode. Suxx. No idea why. They said something about "if you prove yourself worthy" ... but it is very hard in the Factory driver.
I get very far, tough. Already passed a mission with GT1 on skipad and few more and then I'm a bit stuck in skipad missing "filming Porsche commercial" where I should use only manual shifting (ugh) and need to do twice 180 spins and one 360... Oh, well... :help:
Old February 20, 2009, 08:44 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Have you Googled the issue? I know for a fact that this game was buggy as heck.