Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 8, 2009, 05:01 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Default Call of duty 4 multiplayer problems

Hey guys, my friend has been having a problem with his call of duty 4. Everytime we start up the COD4 multiplayer it says " windows closed this program .. blah blah" (i would get a picture if i didn't have crappy internet atm). Any solutions? I tried uninstalling realtek drivers and other ones that seemed ridiculous.
"My brother is dead. He's not here Anymore. But on my back, and in my heart...He lives on in me. I will make a hole through heaven itself, even if that hole becomes my grave. As long as I break through, I will be victorious.Who the **** do you think I am?"
Old February 8, 2009, 07:02 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

This usually occurs when the systems hardware is incapable of running the game at all. Can you post his system specs?
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old February 8, 2009, 11:32 PM
Allstar
F@H

check to see if his realtek sound surround er whatever thingahmabobber is enabled. same thing happened to me and i found it wasnt enabled and when i did it worked.

Q9550 E0 stepping @ 4Ghz
Gigabyte EP45 UD3P
G.Skill pc2 8500 1066mhz RAM
Corsair TX750 Watt Power Supply
Western Digital 500gb and Seagate 500gb in RAID 0
Western Digital 250gb
Antec 1200
OCZ Vendetta 2 LGA 775 CPU cooler with bolt thru kit
XFX HD5970
Steelseries 7G Mechanical Keyboard
Samsung 305T 30 Inch 2560x1600 LCD monitor
Altec Lansing 5.1 Surround Speakers, Sennheiser HD215's, G35's
Steelseries Xai Laser Mouse
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Old February 9, 2009, 11:37 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

:help:well i can't really say them properly by heart but i'll try my best, Asus 4830, Q6660 Quad 2.4GHz, WD 500GB, Asus ... i just remember its a Asus board, Cosair 520W, Samsung 2253 Syncmaster. I'll get the proper specs as soon as i'm done work. Umm Shayan how did you enable that surround sound thing?

Update: Ok we fixed it, now we want to setup a COD4 LAN server. There is a problem though, everytime we try to connect to each other it just hangs on awaiting connection. Any solutions? (a lengthly guide is prefered =P)
"My brother is dead. He's not here Anymore. But on my back, and in my heart...He lives on in me. I will make a hole through heaven itself, even if that hole becomes my grave. As long as I break through, I will be victorious.Who the **** do you think I am?"

Last edited by Dar_ell; February 9, 2009 at 05:30 PM.
Old February 9, 2009, 07:12 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dar_ell View Post
Update: Ok we fixed it, now we want to setup a COD4 LAN server. There is a problem though, everytime we try to connect to each other it just hangs on awaiting connection. Any solutions? (a lengthly guide is prefered =P)
Are your ports properly forwarded? Is your firewall blocking you guys from connecting? I had to forward the ports and disable my ESET before I was able to play co-op with my brother in WaW.

Oh, and are you guys on the same network, or using Hamachi?
Old February 10, 2009, 11:02 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I'll try to forward all my ports ( umm can you name all the ports i need to forward?). I also have ESET so i'll disable that as well. We are both on the same router, no we weren't using hamachi ( we want to play in our dorm rooms).