Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 7, 2009, 08:50 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I was a frequent customer of D2D and I think their service and support is great. My only complaint was their download speeds at times even on my 16mb connection when I lived out in west end toronto I barely broke 300KB/s so most downloads exceeded 5-6hrs at times. It was rather pathetic because in the time that it would take to download the game I could leave my house go to EB, FS or BB purchase the game, come back install it and it would still be downloading. There is also questions to be raised regarding the ability to backup the games to DVD most games exceeded 4.7GB. Not everyone has a dual layer DVDs lying around, if a burn went bad thats a pretty pricey coaster to be left with.

Quote:
Direct2Drive General FAQ
Frequently asked questions:

Are these downloads legal?
100%! We sell products on behalf of their developer or publisher. We have a direct relationship with them and provide you with the same product they sell on cdrom offered to you by download.

Do you send me a cdrom if I need one?
We save you time, energy and shipping costs by not needing to wait for the postman. All of our products are available by download only. And think of how you save our environment without all that paper or plastic to throw away!

What are the shipping costs?
Absolutely none! You download it right now with no extra or hidden charges.

So, if I download a purchase what makes it mine and mine alone?
Our products are protected by Digital Rights Management (DRM). These are systems in place to license your purchase to you only. It keeps it safe and gives you the exclusive ownership of that purchase.

How many licenses or activations do I get?
All licensing has a limit to the number of simultaneous activation to protect the product. However our customer service will see to it that should you encounter a need for more licenses that you are accommodated.

Can I put this on my laptop too?
In many cases Laptops do not have the proper hardware to run games. Youíll want to check the minimum requirements for that before wasting a license on your laptop.

What about patches, do I need special patches?
In many cases no, you can download the latest patch or in some cases your game downloads it automatically. We also pre-patch your download on our store to the newest version so unlike cdroms, you donít spend the first half hour downloading patches rather than playing.

Should a download only patch be available, you will find it on our Patches Page.

If I have a cdrom game can I download the expansion from you?
This may vary by game. You will want to check our Product Information page for your specific game to make sure they are compatible.
Regards,

EE