Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Gaming (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/gaming/)
-   -   who uses cheat codes? (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/gaming/14263-who-uses-cheat-codes.html)

BrianHanna January 27, 2009 08:08 AM

who uses cheat codes?

i mean really, the last time i used cheat codes i was like 10.

i just don't see the point in "beating" a game with no challenge, wheres the fun in GTA4 if you always have all the guns?

wheres the fun in instantly winning a rts match!!?

STOP CHEATING!!!

i swear! i will beat gta4 with no cheats!

cadaveca January 27, 2009 09:15 AM

Heh I have yet to actually buy a gun in GTA4, about 20 hrs in. I'll just run people over if I need one...and I kill every enemy in missions, and make a point of picking up all the weapons they drop.

I've also found weapon stashes outside each mission where a weapon is needed...if they don't send you to a weapon dealer first...

Played Doom over the weekend in godmode...start to finish...had nothing to do with completing the game....I did that MANY years ago...i jsut wanted to blaze through the game and see how familiar it was...

Before that, last cheat I used was "up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-a-b-select-start"...:rofl: for Contra on the NES!!!

element291 January 27, 2009 09:34 AM

Yeah, cheats were definitely only used about 13 years ago.

Jon_di2 January 27, 2009 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianHanna (Post 144271)
i just don't see the point in "beating" a game with no challenge, wheres the fun in GTA4 if you always have all the guns?

wheres the fun in instantly winning a rts match!!?

The fun occurs once you have already beat the game and you just want to :censored: around. I don't get it? No one is forcing you to use cheat codes?

If someone doesn't have a saved game, why shouldn't there be a cheat code to get all guns so then can just run around and blow stuff up? Dont think your rant makes much sense :whistle:

Chilly January 27, 2009 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon_di2 (Post 144314)
The fun occurs once you have already beat the game and you just want to :censored: around. I don't get it? No one is forcing you to use cheat codes?

If someone doesn't have a saved game, why shouldn't there be a cheat code to get all guns so then can just run around and blow stuff up? Dont think your rant makes much sense :whistle:

Agreed.

I LOVE cheat codes, but only once I've already finished/beat the game. The challenge of beating a game is great and a lot of fun, but what if you've already beat the game, what if your bored of the game and just want to cause out of control mayhem?

Plus any fan of the NFS series know that the only way to race as a dino was with cheats. :haha:

Linus January 27, 2009 10:28 AM

B-A-B-A-Up-Down-B-A-Left-Right-B-A-Start
e-props if anyone can say which game that's for.

lcdguy January 27, 2009 10:29 AM

i use cheats after i have beaten a game and to do just blast through it or when i get into some mod making. Or if there aren't any cheats in the game and i want to have some fun i'll start to edit the game to make it more "fun". :D

cadaveca January 27, 2009 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linus (Post 144336)
B-A-B-A-Up-Down-B-A-Left-Right-B-A-Start
e-props if anyone can say which game that's for.

I'll give a hint...It's Konami title...with little green men...:haha:

:thumb:

Nah, I'm not a videogame junky....

:ph34r:

llama_egg January 27, 2009 10:52 AM

C-A-Left-Left-A-C-A-B

Now there's one that people seem to have a hard time deciphering.

In all seriousness though, I only ever cheat after I beat a game, and even then, it really depends on what it is. Most games aren't worth it IMHO, though I must say finishing any GTA then grabbing all weapons and just blow the crap out of everything is quite satisfying.

And I think you mean "little green-use-to-be-men"

cadaveca January 27, 2009 10:53 AM

Nha, they were never actually men...more reptilian...