Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 1, 2009, 08:10 PM
Rookie

I don't cheat... I don't see the point of it, and it ruins the experience for many others...
Old February 1, 2009, 11:00 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Haha beat GTA 4 and then beat it with cheats/trainers and tell me which is more fun. I will tell you that cheats are hella fun in that game. Same with Fallout 3. Nothing like after beating it and start out as the most powerfull badass out there. Come on it is fun and does not ruin a game. Halo aslo has some good cheats. Now online cheating should be a federal crime IMO. Anyways cheating is usefull for getting more bang for your buck and also for games that you don't care for and just want to blaze through. Like a crappy game. And then their are glitches. And Fallout 3 has plenty. Nothing like getting stuck. Shure you could load a save file or you could take 5 seconds to get out. Tell that isn't usefull.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old February 2, 2009, 12:11 AM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by belgolas View Post
Haha beat GTA 4 and then beat it with cheats/trainers and tell me which is more fun. I will tell you that cheats are hella fun in that game. Same with Fallout 3. Nothing like after beating it and start out as the most powerfull badass out there. Come on it is fun and does not ruin a game. Halo aslo has some good cheats. Now online cheating should be a federal crime IMO. Anyways cheating is usefull for getting more bang for your buck and also for games that you don't care for and just want to blaze through. Like a crappy game. And then their are glitches. And Fallout 3 has plenty. Nothing like getting stuck. Shure you could load a save file or you could take 5 seconds to get out. Tell that isn't usefull.
In all honesty, other then the GTA series, I've never really found cheating fun. I find myself infinity enjoying a game much more when I'm playing without. I believe the main problem with me is, I like to get "taken away" in a game (much like a good book), and I find that cheating takes away from that. Sure, I could give myself any item in Baulders Gate 2 right from the get go, but why?

As for no-clipping out of problems, I consider that a different thing all together.