Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 25, 2009, 12:57 PM
Hall Of Fame

I've always found it easier to just assign a keypress to mouse button within the mouse's own software. No problem doing that with this game.
Old January 25, 2009, 01:06 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle Eye View Post
I have all three and like them all, we all know EPs are usually a quick cash grab anyway.

Strange though the game doesn't scale 1920x1200 1:1 still end up with 2 black bars at the top and bottom.
This is the one thing I find odd about this game. Why is it letterboxed? I suppose by cutting a bit of the vertical viewing area it's easier to have things surprise you from above or below. Or maybe it is lazy porting? The menus feel very console-esque and it is being released for 360 (not sure what else). My guess it's lazy porting. Give me my full screen damn you!

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old January 25, 2009, 08:51 PM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by MpG View Post
I've always found it easier to just assign a keypress to mouse button within the mouse's own software. No problem doing that with this game.
I am aware of that, but I don't want to deal with having to change my buttons every time I play a game, and then change it back so I can use forward/back in Chrome.
Old January 28, 2009, 05:31 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Walking in the corridors is scary! I jumped when the girl grabbed me on top of the stair

Back up - Ebay (Inik1) or Heatware
Old February 2, 2009, 07:53 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Am I really the only person who is not so pleased with this demo?
http://i40.tinypic.com/fmtled.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/2lxfpsg.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/2cz38jp.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/z9834.jpg

I know it is a demo.. but still, it lacks real gfx setup options with it's auto config BS, you cannot continue your game if you quit to see if problems you are having are just your video mem being maxed and the game being too shitty to unload old stuff to make room for the new, etc.

I am not going to complain about the letter boxing because it is not all that noticeable once you start playing and it is better than cutting off the sides.*shakes fist at many other games*

Anyway, they cannot seriously expect me to buy this shit unless they fix these things in the full version while managing not to introduce extra bugs. -_-

**** the F.E.A.R 2 Demo. It does not deserve the space on my HDD it is taking up.

*Edit
Ok, ok, I just noticed the advanced section in the performance section.
HOWEVER, my gripes with the save functionality(or lack of) still stands.

time to kill that motion blur and reduce the texture lod to medium. You would thing that it would figure 256MB would not be enough for the max setting when it did it's auto crap. But then this is assuming that the missing textures were cause by the lod being too high. . .

Last edited by MacJunky; February 2, 2009 at 07:59 PM.
Old February 2, 2009, 08:29 PM
Allstar
F@H

Honestly, I've had to technical problems with the game at all, and I played it through on max twice so far with no slow downs, and in all reality, I place the game on high regards so far.

And as for limited save functionality, seriously, I had no problems with it, it gave me my auto save, as well as a quick save. Are you not able to press F (something, can't remember on the top of my head) before quitting?

Also, most games these days have the auto-config on startup, and normally it's highly recommended that you change them to your preferences, though I can't really comment why it set yours up higher then it should be, normally game low ball it from what I've seen.

Truthfully, the only problem I see you having is a graphical one, the rest are little things that bug you, but should cause you to not buy a game, nor call it horrible (limited auto save funtionality). And as for the graphical problems, truthfully I can't really say for sure, if I had to take a stab in the dark it's because your video card is under the minimum requirements (256MB) so your really going to be pushing it to try and get the game to run nicely as possible.

Old February 2, 2009, 08:39 PM
"Quote This..."
F@H

Just finished the Demo. Ran at 100+ fps, 1920x1080, everything on Ultimate 4xaa and 8xAnisio. In Win7 x64.

Great game. Gonna get it.
Old February 2, 2009, 10:33 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

At 1680x1050 with the rest of the gfx settings the way it set them(fairly high) pretty much the only slowdowns I was having were every now and then - from the looks of it, the auto save points. (I got killed by the falling bus the first time around and it auto-saves right before you jump over the ledge)

It would seem the only thing it set too high was the texture lod, I do not have any exact fps numbers but it was quite playable even before I turned that down.

I admit that my post above was a bit premature and I did overreact a bit, but either way that is not important anymore because even if I never have issues with it in the future I cannot see myself playing through it again. I guess I tend to get overly pissy with games that I am not into and overly protective of the ones I like. <_< >_>
Old February 3, 2009, 04:26 AM
Banned

I do not know if this is a bug or not but when I had a single monitor it worked perfectly. Got a second moniot and now it INSISTS on using my 2nd monitor only...even though it is not set as the primary.

WTF???

Either way though...good game and definitely will buy it when it comes out.
Old February 9, 2009, 07:01 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

Just played through some of the demo, up until the bus... my hair was standing on end in the dark corridors... wow! Seems to be a pretty good game, still getting used to the controls.