Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 12, 2009, 06:51 PM
Fallen Folder
F@H

My System Specs

Lightbulb Weird gaming moments...

Post em!

Anything particularly odd that happen while gaming (any platform)

Mine. Going WAY back. We were playing the special extended trial version of Quake on a friend's PC. As with games of that era, the soundtrack was on the CD in ordinary-playable-on-any-cd-player format, but, there was no Quake CD in the drive, instead there was some hit's of whatever decade, forsale on TV, bought in a drunken stupour, CD in the drive and low and behold, while playing Quake, Bobby McFerrin's "Don't Worry, Be Happy" starts playing

YouTube - Bobby Mcferrin - Don't Worry, Be Happy

You probably had to be there, but it still makes me laugh.
Old January 19, 2009, 05:31 PM
Rookie

mine is playing css on deathrun and i was the last person and there was a trap that shot out rocks on the other side of the map which i had already passed and because i was admin on that server i went invisible for one round and the terrorists were pressing random buttons hoping to hit me and when they hit the rock trap one of the rocks bounces off the wall and flies into the air landing right on my head.
DELL | Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80GHz (2 CPUs) | 4GB RAM | 232 GB | NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE | Dell 1360x768 screen | SigmaTel audio | Logitech premium headset | Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard | Acrox wireless laser mouse | Windows XP Professional | DELL Dimension E520 stock case.
Old January 19, 2009, 08:03 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Just this past weekend I was showing a friend how Crysis Warhead performed on my system when suddenly in the middle of a massive fire fight, there were chickens everywhere. Wondering WTF was going on at first, we watched chickens flying, rolling and bouncing off the ground in every direction. So then confused, I came out from behind the barrier I was taking cover and fired back at the enemies. Guess what? Chickens, yes chickens, were taking the place of bullets from my weapons and everyone elses. No one could kill me. The only way I could kill enemies was to punch them out.

How weird is that? We had a good laugh.
Old January 19, 2009, 08:49 PM
Allstar

Mine was on Fallout3 when I used V.A.T.S to shoot one of those giant doglike creatures. I had the combat shotgun and aimed for his head. Took one shot to blow off his head, but the game went insane and he flew up like 600 feet and landed ways away from me. He was all slo-mo in the air, flipping around and around with at least a 30 seconds of hangtime hehe.

| ASUS P8Z68-VPRO | Intel i5 2500K | 8Gb Patriot Viper Xtreme | 2x 60gb OCZ Solid 3 SSD | EVGA GTX260 Core216 |

Old January 19, 2009, 10:13 PM
Allstar
F@H

Mine was me playing team fortress 2, listening to other people's conversations that they were having on their microphones... When all of a sudden some middle-aged caucasian guy (I could tell by his accent) just goes "aww moondoggie" and then everybody on the microphone line was just silent then ppl starting calling him stuff and typing in stuff, and I was laughing too hard to keep on playing so I exited the game to go tell all my friends...
Old January 19, 2009, 10:16 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by element291 View Post
Mine was on Fallout3 when I used V.A.T.S to shoot one of those giant doglike creatures. I had the combat shotgun and aimed for his head. Took one shot to blow off his head, but the game went insane and he flew up like 600 feet and landed ways away from me. He was all slo-mo in the air, flipping around and around with at least a 30 seconds of hangtime hehe.
I had a weird glitch in Fallout 3 where after shooting a guy his dead body was flapping randomly and was bouncing around like a ping pong off walls and it lasted for at least 30 seconds.

I love my noob moments in games too. Like one time playing CS:S there was a T in this room above a ladder. So I threw a grenade up and it bounced off the wall and hit the T and fell back down and killed me and a teammate. That was awesome. Oh I love the very rare time that you can kill someone if their health is low enough with a flashbang.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old January 20, 2009, 12:25 AM
MVP

My System Specs

in l4d i shot a zombie he fell then when flying into the the post boxes accross the street in about 2 seconds.

Old January 20, 2009, 08:09 AM
Top Prospect

Mine goes back to Starcraft, a friend, and I were playing a co-op match against the remaining AI's. We had just fought off the umpteenth wave of Zerg, and Protoss, when all of a sudden it was quiet.... too quiet. We were playing a "ground only" match so we sent off a crap load of marines to finish them off. Well, with the "fog of war", and all we walked into a trap. They were set up in a large C shaped formation. As soon as we hit the centre, they closed the gap, and the slaughter ensued. Never in all the time playing starcraft had I seen such formation coordination; it never happened again, weird.
Asus P5K Deluxe / Intel Core2Quad Q9550@8x425@3400mhz(1.225v) / Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro / 4Gigs DDR2 1066mhz(5-5-5-15) Corsair Dominator / Diamond HD4870x2 / Asus Xonar / WD Raptor 74gb / Hitachi 160GB / Antec Quattro 850w / Logitech Z-680 5.1 / Dell Ultrasharp 24" / 2 LG Optical Drives / Vista Ultimate 32bit / A tower that's been drilled, cut, and bent to fit all of my fans
Old January 20, 2009, 01:27 PM
Quadfather

My System Specs

I remember (and once had a screenshot of) a bug in the FireArms (FA) mod for Half-Life. It was very simliar to CS 1.x except that it was one of the first games to have the "prone" position working... At least, almost working. I remember going prone on a hill with a friend who was following suit and we both pulled out our knives. If we could both stab eachother from the prone position at the same time our character models would suddenly leap about 10-12ft in the air.... still in the prone position. Like I said... I used to have a screenshot of the "flying knifers" but It appears to be corrupt now... a shame. Good memories all around though.
Old January 21, 2009, 06:31 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

dunno if this is a weird moment more of a funny one...while playing insurgency a cpl days ago me and a friend were trying to take out a sniper who was covering a street. thinkin it was safe to cross the street i took off only to be leveled by the sniper,just after i dropped my friend decided to get across the street an he to was dropped by the sniper and this is how we landed......