Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 21, 2009, 11:39 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Couple of fun ones:

CoD4: Was throwing a stun nade long distance and had just it let go when an opposition guy jumped off a ledge right above and in front of me. The nade smacked him in the head for an instant kill.
Also had a couple of completely blind random stun nade throws in that countdown map that have scoreed me direct impact kills.
Somehow killed myself with a flashbang once too.

Fallout 3: Installed one of those extra enemy spawns mods and by the overpass on the way from Megaton to Arefu there was a HUGE blob of red on my radar. Took a peek and there must have been 20-30 raiders, 10 talon mercs, some enclave and a few radscorpions all going at it. Game slowed down to a crawl but I figured I'd drop a couple of bottlecap mines off the overpass right into the middle of them.
End result: No more red blob and it was literally raining body parts & weapons for the next 30 seconds or so.

Another Fallout 3 one: The deathclaw by that campground where you get the schematic randomly decided to take an unscheduled trip into orbit. Watched it for a while as it disappeared into the sky then figuring it was gone for good proceeded to retrieve the schematics. Noting that the warning indicator was flashing DANGER I looked around but couldn't see anything. Looked up and the deathclaw was about a foot above my head and coming down fast. That was a crap pants moment for sure
Old January 21, 2009, 12:35 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

I have had my fair share. One that comes to mind is when I was playing Crysis when it first came out, and I discovered the frog+car glitch. If you throw a frog at a car, it slowly floats away in front of you until you knock it out of the air with something. Or, if you throw a frog at a rock face, like a cliff, it just sticks into it!

Oh and chicken baseball is super fun.

Coolermaster ATCS 840 w Window panel
MSI Z77A-GD65
Intel i7 3770K @ 4.6GHZ 1.28v
Galaxy GTX 680 @ 1241MHZ
8GB Mushkin Blackline 1600MHZ 9-9-9-24 1.5v
Asus Xonar Essence STX
OCZ Z-Series GOLD 850W
2 x 128GB Corsair Force GT SATA3 SSD RAID0 :)
Acheiva Shimian Q270 Lite 2560x1440

Benq W500 Pojector.

Watercooling:
EK Supreme HF, EK FC GTX 680 Block, MCR320+Gelid Silent 12 Push/Pull, DD Pump, EK Multioption 100ml Res, EK Coolstream XT 220 RAD Gelid Wings Push/Pull.
Old January 21, 2009, 02:32 PM
MVP

Playing AVP 2. A guy on "preds" was taunting relentlessly, and then attempts to collect our skulls by walking up to us, cloaked, in broad daylight. The shotgun blast was so effective....but he didn't just die, his whole body exploded all over the screen - green blood too. Never saw that in the game again.
Old January 21, 2009, 06:01 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I love in Crysis Warhead of you are by a C4 ammo crate you can keep putting a bunch of c4(like a few dozen) under a vehicle and then watch that thing fly after exploding. Never gets old.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old January 21, 2009, 06:08 PM
F@H

My System Specs

The comments in the original Duke Nukem always cracked me up, and not a weird moment per say, but hearing the cows on the "secret" DII level never failed to put a smile on my face. :O)

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old January 22, 2009, 06:49 AM
Top Prospect

Here's another funny moment; while playing FarCry2 I was liberating a safe house, and when I ran low on ammo I backed off a bit to let them come to me so I could pick them off. One of the guys ran around to cut me off, and tired himself out. I ran up to the tree where was hiding, and all I heard was "huh, huh, huh, huh" panting, and I thought "what the hell"? He was catching his breath but to me it sounded like he was ""having fun with himself"" if you take my meaning. I had to pause the game because I was laughing so hard.
Asus P5K Deluxe / Intel Core2Quad Q9550@8x425@3400mhz(1.225v) / Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro / 4Gigs DDR2 1066mhz(5-5-5-15) Corsair Dominator / Diamond HD4870x2 / Asus Xonar / WD Raptor 74gb / Hitachi 160GB / Antec Quattro 850w / Logitech Z-680 5.1 / Dell Ultrasharp 24" / 2 LG Optical Drives / Vista Ultimate 32bit / A tower that's been drilled, cut, and bent to fit all of my fans
Old January 30, 2009, 12:40 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Playing a round of 'Army of Two' online with my cousin, finished this one section of baddies...well we decided to back track a little and see if we could find the last missing suitcase for the level.
I think we might have backtracked too far, because the ground just decided to vanish, and next thing you know we are free falling through blackness...
It took 5min for the game to decide that we hit the ground and kill us both...

Took me 10min to recover from the laughing fit!

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old January 30, 2009, 12:56 PM
Banned
F@H

Got an acheivement(trophy) in Skate2 for the PS3 via glitch...you are not suppose to be able to stay on top of the vehicles in0game, but I did, and proceeded to break all bones from shoulder to toes, giving me the acheivement, and $2k of in-game cash...i did nothing but got hit by a car...rolled up the roof, car kept moving, character stayed on the car for about 3 minutes...racking up points and breaking bones along the way.
Old January 30, 2009, 02:33 PM
Banned

One moment that comes to mind was playing the Original Rainbow Six on PC with a friend. One of us would control movements the other would control actions and commands. In the Bank level, we walked along the side to the back entrance and waited in position for a tango that seemingly would never come. I finally moved forward, through the door by the tango and noticed something back in the room I came from. I went back in and heard the tango-that was supposed to come earlier-walk towards us. The door opens behind me, I freak out hardcore as does my friend and I mash the spacebar (which was our fire key). The computer lagged and within the short lag session (about a second) I had unloaded an entire clip from a Benelli Tactical (M3) into his stomach. 8 rounds in less than a second from a shotty.

wow
Old January 31, 2009, 06:17 AM
MVP
F@H

This one time, when I was playing pong on my Coleco Telstar, well I was playing the hockey game. The ball got caught between the goalie and the defense paddle. It was bouncing back and forth so fast instead of the normal ding ding noise it turned into a solid tone. I tried to free the ball by moving the paddles but to no avail. No matter which way I moved the ball followed. It went on for about a min. My big brother and I were laughing so hard it was crazy. I actually spilled my coolaid, man my mom was mad. Grape coolaid all over the new carpet. In any case the only solution was to turn it off and start a new game which really ticked me off, because it was the first time I was actually beating my big brother, I had like a 5 point lead on him. You cant imagine the tension in the room that day during the heat of battle. My adrenalin level has never been so high.
RIG #1 - Intel E8400 // TRU-X 120 w noctua NF-P12 // GA-X38-DQ6 // GTX285 OC // 8g Ram OCZ Fatal1ty PC8500 // X-Fi Elite Pro sound // z-5500 speakers // OCZ 850w Gamer XTream PSU // WD Raptor 150g // Seagate 1Tb // 2xSeagate 500g ex// Logitec G-15 keyboard // Vista Ultimate 64bit
RIG #2 - AMD64 3500+ // Asus A8N-E // 8800GTS 512 OC // Enermax Liberty SLI 500W Modular PSU // WD Caviar 250g