View Poll Results: Which Is Better?
Call of Duty 4 26 70.27%
Call of Duty World at War 11 29.73%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 10, 2009, 12:13 PM
Allstar
F@H

I genuinely love CoD4, but didn't vote since I haven't played WaW. I'm actually on the fence about grabbing it- on the one hand lots hate it but lots love it and on the other I really miss having a WWII FPS. I think I might pick it up regardless when the XFX 4870's get in stock @ NCIX.
A Veteran, whether Regular Force, Reserve or Retired- is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank cheque made payable to the Dominion of Canada for an amount of "Up to and including my life"
-Author Unknown
Old January 10, 2009, 01:38 PM
Top Prospect

The two games don't directly compare. Cod4 is focused on small team play and has relatively larger player models to smaller tighter buildings/terrain. Cod:WAW goes the opposite direction scaling down the players and increasing the size of the world.

Cod4 works better as a slower game where one on one or one on many fights are most common. Which isn't to say you can't run around with a sub machine gun spraying at anything that moves or that team work isn't beneficial.

Waw works better with larger teams focused more on area control, group cover, and faster target acquisition required to keep up with more players. Which, of course, doesn't mean playing with bolt actions or running around all alone don't have their place.

A lot of the people who don't like waw seem to dislike it solely because it doesn't play exactly like cod4 and requires a player to adjust. Other then that it comes down to the same question of taste any game choice is based on. Some like this thing better and some like that. Some like to make silly polarizing statements about the dichotomy some element presents. I figure everyone just want more people to beat up on in what ever way they can best achieve an opponents humiliation.

Some last corrections:
Bolts are single shot head shots in regular post release.
Waw single player, not unlike cod4's single player, requires a player to move forward at certain points before the ai will stop spawning.
Old January 16, 2009, 10:51 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergrover View Post
COD just doesn't seam to have the tactical play of BF. Everyone just seams to run everywhere but when I do I like to play a ghost or sniper.
Ever play on a tactical crouch server? I'm in a tactical clan... it's crouch to move unless under enemy fire or nades (and other attacks) may sound silly at first, but slowing the game down that much brings it to a whole new level. It enables you to actually slowly check corners using your sights, scope out enemies, and move forward to a position the proper way, instead of just running around like a headless chicken which is what run and gun is like on those small maps...

Give it a try, it's so much different, you might just like it! There are about 20ish tactical servers that I know of... all of them nice people that enforce their rules.