View Poll Results: Which Is Better?
Call of Duty 4 26 70.27%
Call of Duty World at War 11 29.73%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 5, 2009, 01:52 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Its mindless action, thats what it is! I just find it incredibly fun and hard. I enjoy a game that at times can frustrate me beyond belief.

Coolermaster ATCS 840 w Window panel
MSI Z77A-GD65
Intel i7 3770K @ 4.6GHZ 1.28v
Galaxy GTX 680 @ 1241MHZ
8GB Mushkin Blackline 1600MHZ 9-9-9-24 1.5v
Asus Xonar Essence STX
OCZ Z-Series GOLD 850W
2 x 128GB Corsair Force GT SATA3 SSD RAID0 :)
Acheiva Shimian Q270 Lite 2560x1440

Benq W500 Pojector.

Watercooling:
EK Supreme HF, EK FC GTX 680 Block, MCR320+Gelid Silent 12 Push/Pull, DD Pump, EK Multioption 100ml Res, EK Coolstream XT 220 RAD Gelid Wings Push/Pull.
Old January 5, 2009, 04:18 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I've been playing a lot of WaW online and I gotta say I'm picking up what Cptn Vortex is putting down. "At times can frustrate me beyond belief" Artillery showering down on the battlefield constantly, stupid radar planes spotting you every step, dogs taking bites out of your ass every time you find a nice little spot to recoup for a second. Undoubtably the most frenzied, chaotic, unbalanced multiplayer FPS I've ever played. Not to mention the knife wielding clowns who go around somehow with a laser on the tip of thier bayonette that can carve up a group of dug in players like a christmas turkey. After 37 hours playing WaW multi I've probably turned it off in disgust at least twice an hour. I enjoyed the single player of COD 4 better, COD WaW has zero replay value in SP and the multi is just down right frustrating. But WaW was the game everyone was playing for awhile so I jumped on it like any good sheep would, in retrospect I could have done myself a favor and saved myself the $56 and gotten Left4Dead instead. I'm giving WaW the boot soon so watch the B/S/T here if your still not convinced it's dog food.
Old January 5, 2009, 04:44 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

I can see how that may be the case. I dont plan on re-playing it. I am the kind of person who plays the game once, on the hardest difficulty first. For me, that is the most satisfying way to finish a game. I am also kinda biased as well, as I didnt really pay anything for the game. If I had, I may of formulated a different view on the game.

Coolermaster ATCS 840 w Window panel
MSI Z77A-GD65
Intel i7 3770K @ 4.6GHZ 1.28v
Galaxy GTX 680 @ 1241MHZ
8GB Mushkin Blackline 1600MHZ 9-9-9-24 1.5v
Asus Xonar Essence STX
OCZ Z-Series GOLD 850W
2 x 128GB Corsair Force GT SATA3 SSD RAID0 :)
Acheiva Shimian Q270 Lite 2560x1440

Benq W500 Pojector.

Watercooling:
EK Supreme HF, EK FC GTX 680 Block, MCR320+Gelid Silent 12 Push/Pull, DD Pump, EK Multioption 100ml Res, EK Coolstream XT 220 RAD Gelid Wings Push/Pull.
Old January 5, 2009, 05:41 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I voted WaW, I just couldn't get into MW, I liked the coop in WaW. At least for a little while. ;)

I am not really a huge fan of WaW either, I prefer the Battlefield series myself, COD just doesn't seam to have the tactical play of BF. Everyone just seams to run everywhere but when I do I like to play a ghost or sniper.
Old January 5, 2009, 06:01 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4ng3r View Post
the single player in WaW is TERRIBAD. Since when do you stumble on an enemy encampent, and there are 300 soldiers there, and you kill them all, and 50 feet down the road there are another 100 soldiers, you kill them, another 50 feet down you get ambushed by 50 more, another 50 feet, and 100 more come at you!

wtF is that?
Clever programming !
Old January 5, 2009, 10:17 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I don't like WaW at all. The multiplayer is complete crap. I'm glad I only got it for $8. The single player is actually pretty hard, but then again at time the AI is completely useless when you need it most. The game just doesn't make sense to me. Give the Call of Duty franchise back to Infinity Ward. They know how to make a game.
Old January 5, 2009, 10:32 PM
MVP

Personally, I liked MW heaps better than WaW, for both SP and MP. For the SP Infinity Ward really made the game play feel like a movie, even without the cinematics. As for the MP, MW had some outstanding and memorable maps, WaW... not so much. My favourite map for any game would probably have to be Pipe Line, nothing beats hardcore search and destroy on pipeline :D
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 500gb
RAM: G.Skill 4GB @ 576mhz (4.4.4.12)
PSU: Seasonic SS-400ET
Old January 10, 2009, 04:36 AM
MVP

I could never get into COD4. I dislike the ranking system for online play. When WAW came out and it was ranked play aswell, I was disappointed, until we were able to start the fast ranked servers. But the game itself is wonderful to me. The history is rich, the sound, graphics are fantastic. All are welcome on the WAW servers (rcgclan.com)
i2600k sandy bridge @ 3.4ghz/ 2x 8800 GTX KO ACS3 PCI-E 630MHZ 768MB 2.0GHZ SLI'd / Raptor 74GB / Antec 1200 Hundred Gaming Case / G.Skill Ripjaws ddr3 1600 cl 8-8-8-24 - 8gigs / evga z68 SLI MOBO / Samsung DVD+RW / Corsair ax850 PSU / 24" Samsung CinkMaster

Cooling:
Swiftech Dual rad
Swiftech Single rad
Swiftech Micro Res
Swiftech Apogee GT Cpu block
Feser One Red Fluid
Old January 10, 2009, 11:10 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I voted for WAW because I like to mostly play single player for COD because the multiplayer in All COD games are terrible experiences. WAW has a freaking awesome Single player that is far more realistic then COD 4's. First in COD 4 both the american and enemy forces drop like flies which is far not true in ANY modern war. The urban conflict is not very realistic in one bit. Now on the other hand WAW has awesome single player where you are not facing 100000 bilion people out of a shed. You can actually kill everyone and there isn't an infanite respawn of enimies. The gameplay is much more realistic to the time period and it is very exciting. I just love it.

Now as far as multiplay I would choose COD4 hands down. COD4 is much more balanced then WAW and more realistic. Although personally I don't play any COD game online much because most servers are full of idiots, hackers, more idiots, unrealistic gameplay like freakin perks or a helicopter always over head, too many freakin team killers, just frustrating and did I mention idiots and way to many under aged children.

Now if I want to play multiplayer I like TF2, CS:S, BF series, L4D, Unreal, red orchestra and many mods for HL2. I just like those game better for MP for First person shooters.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old January 10, 2009, 11:18 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by belgolas View Post
love it.

Now as far as multiplay I would choose COD4 hands down. COD4 is much more balanced then WAW and more realistic. Although personally I don't play any COD game online much because most servers are full of idiots, hackers, more idiots, unrealistic gameplay like freakin perks or a helicopter always over head, too many freakin team killers, just frustrating and did I mention idiots and way to many under aged children.

thats exaclty why we started are own servers and control who plays and who goes.. We couldnt stand the behaviour some people showed. Its nice having a quiet place to play amongst friends and family. I think once people find those types of servers, they venture back again and again.

But as for COD4, watching the evening news if enough for me to stand. With WAW its almost a history lesson in its own.
i2600k sandy bridge @ 3.4ghz/ 2x 8800 GTX KO ACS3 PCI-E 630MHZ 768MB 2.0GHZ SLI'd / Raptor 74GB / Antec 1200 Hundred Gaming Case / G.Skill Ripjaws ddr3 1600 cl 8-8-8-24 - 8gigs / evga z68 SLI MOBO / Samsung DVD+RW / Corsair ax850 PSU / 24" Samsung CinkMaster

Cooling:
Swiftech Dual rad
Swiftech Single rad
Swiftech Micro Res
Swiftech Apogee GT Cpu block
Feser One Red Fluid