Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 23, 2008, 01:43 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default COD4/Vent Server

It's definitely down, there wasn't a lot of interest as far as the COD4 server goes; which is totally fine - I just didn't have the time to try and push people to get on.

I know a lot of us play COD4 a lot so lets co-ordinate which servers so we can hang out and play together.

As far as Ventrilo; I will have another 100 man server going this month soon which will still be completely available to people. Believe it or not the logs showed people using vent more than COD4! lol.

So for the holidays I'll leave it on a hiatus; I'd still like to see a stronger gaming community here on HWC so I'll reorganize and see what we can come up with!
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old December 23, 2008, 03:10 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I logged onto the vent numerous times but there was never anyone online. And after I finally got my stupid mic to work right to. heh
Let us know when you get the vent up again encorp and I'll log in to just chat or play whatever.
Old December 23, 2008, 03:21 PM
Hall Of Fame

Well encorp all I can say is thanks for the server, I agree with you .. people asked for the server but people didn't seem to bother going in and playing. I am usually on every night on COD4, looking for descent servers, now I don't go in servers that are empty unless there is atleast 1 person...

Thanks encorp.. hopefully people use the ventrillo server at least.
Samsung 931BW 19" LCD, Logitech MX Revolution
Old December 23, 2008, 03:30 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Yeah it's not that big of a deal; and I do use ventrilo a lot for many games. I definitely think there is a lot of potential to further get to know people here through gaming etc but it will take time to build. As far as ventrilo the only reason I'm holding out is because I have another that will end at the end of this month and I will merge the two. :)
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old December 23, 2008, 03:39 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Sucks to see this go, but understandably so. It seems no one was ever on. I hope to see Vent kept up and running though.
Old December 23, 2008, 05:12 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I agree. Sad to see this go. I would sign in every night and see if anyone would be on but I never saw anyone. I idled in there once but not once did anyone connect. I remember one time being there and there were two people in there, but I didn't recognize the names and they were AFK.
Old December 23, 2008, 05:15 PM
Hall Of Fame

You know quite oddly that happened to me too, I went in there, laid some c4 charges and claymores, waited. no one.... :(

As I mentioned boja I used to check on the server daily, it was idle..
Samsung 931BW 19" LCD, Logitech MX Revolution
Old December 23, 2008, 05:26 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well I wasn't on the server, WaW has got me in it's clutches and MW just doesn't do it for me anymore but sad to see it go.
Old December 23, 2008, 06:19 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Yeah it's alright really, everyone already had their regular servers. What does everyone frequent now? I'm usually on CTU servers.
Old December 23, 2008, 06:56 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Sad to see the server go.. I had some fun times there, except when BT! was around..
Now I usually play on the CDN Shire server.