Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 22, 2008, 02:00 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Default RROD...again

Wow, really starting to dislike my XBOX360. Always dies at the worst times as though it's aware of it.

Last time it died during the summer, leaving me without it (school off during the summer). Now it goes and dies today just in time for Christmas. And I got GoW 2 (finally I know) for Christmas but I guess I won't be playing that anytime soon

I sure as hell hope the one I get back is actually fixed and a new revision. I don't want another piece of shyt thing that's going to die in a year or so.

Oh and I see they use UPS now instead of Purolator. Hopefully UPS doesn't screw anything up.

That's all, just had to get it off my back...
Old December 22, 2008, 05:19 PM
Allstar
F@H

dude UPS effin sux!!! i hav had really bad experiences with them.
Old December 22, 2008, 06:03 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Damn Xmas time and no gaming, I feel for you.
Old December 22, 2008, 07:28 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Considering just buying a new 360 (one with HDMI) and hope for the best...

I don't know though. Lot of money to spend when it's not really necessary.
Old December 22, 2008, 07:41 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Yeah, my box recently RRoDed too. I did the x-clamp fix about a year ago, but I guess the fix isn't as permanent as I thought..
Old December 22, 2008, 07:46 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

That sucks.

My 360 did the exact same thing last year, few days before Christmas, it RROD's. Getting a replacement was painless IMO, but still sucked regardless. Good luck with UPS, when I had to do mine it was with Purolator, very easy, hope its as easy with UPS.
Old December 22, 2008, 08:24 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

man that sucks just before Christmas. It should take a few weeks for you to get a new 360. Mine RRODed when I had about a week off work lol. They always break at the best time!

An alternative is to buy a new 360 while you ship the old one back and then sell the old one.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old December 22, 2008, 08:25 PM
Hall Of Fame

So it seems its a thing of luck?..my buddy has the 360, cheapest version..the one with 20gig or without the hdd lol, and it still works perfectly..going on 2 yrs..

Since we're talking bout consoles, could someone tell me if s the ps3 is better in terms of gaming/gameplay? Some say the 360 is outdated ..since it doesn't have bluray..some say that next games will be released only on bluray disks..Thanks, didn't want to create another thread only for that..

And sorry for your loss..
Old December 22, 2008, 08:43 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgwtf View Post
So it seems its a thing of luck?..my buddy has the 360, cheapest version..the one with 20gig or without the hdd lol, and it still works perfectly..going on 2 yrs..

Since we're talking bout consoles, could someone tell me if s the ps3 is better in terms of gaming/gameplay? Some say the 360 is outdated ..since it doesn't have bluray..some say that next games will be released only on bluray disks..Thanks, didn't want to create another thread only for that..

And sorry for your loss..

Well both share a lot of the same games. I like the PS3 better because you also get a great blue ray/dvd upscale player too. The PS3 also has folding at home. Although gaming wise they are about the same with only a few more exclusives on the 360. If ya want Halo then go with the 360 and if ya want Metal Gear Solid go with the PS3. Little big planet is also a butt load of fun with friends.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old December 22, 2008, 08:54 PM
MVP

I feel your pain....

I have been through 4 360's since the were released and after my 4th one died last month with the exact same scenario playing out for the second time, I said no more. Bought one upon release, RROD about 8 months later, RROD on this console after about a year. Bought another since the latest one was out of warranty and assumed the problem was fixed. 6 months later, guess what? Sent it back for wannanty and the last one just died last month. Thats enough of that BS, so I bought a PS3.

I can't say I use it as much for gaming as my Xbox (was an avid XBL user) but the blu-ray feature is nice. If Sony could improve the online aspect of the PS3 I think the system could be much better. I really like how quiet the console its compared to the vaccum cleaner that still managed to overheat I was using previously.

I cannot justify buying a FIFTH! 360, MS will be getting no more of my money as fas as consoles go. (or OS's but thats another matter entirely)