Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 18, 2008, 05:59 PM
Top Prospect

Default Help with CoD5 not loading maps

Heya,

Just did a fresh install of XP 2 days ago after building my new computer. I installed crysis, screwed around for a bit, and rocked a solid 45 fps on high settings :)

Anyways, I went to install cod4 and 5, patched them up, and got a directx error. After reinstalling directx several times and using a runtime somethingorother, I finally got past the black loading screen at the beginning of cod5. I also was able to get into cod4, and mess around a bit (with my level 1 profile, couldnt save the old lv 50 one).

Now, to the issue. I am able to get to the loading screen of a server (COD world at war), but when it gets to 90-100%, the game crashes (to desktop) and gives me an error:

Direct3ddevice9::present failed driver internal error.

Im at a loss as to what this could be. I have searched through several forums looking for a solution, but none seem to apply to me.

There aren't any modems registered to this computer (seemed to be a problem for some people)

I am using catalyst 8.12, the newest drivers from ATI

I have Directx 9.1c

I don't have a setting to change my sound quality on the machine, considering it is xp (or is there a way on xp as opposed to vista?)...

My dxdiag is in attatchments.

Any help would be awesome, thanks for reading. I have tried every fix I could find.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DxDiag.zip (9.1 KB, 25 views)
Old December 18, 2008, 07:47 PM
Top Prospect

Holy, just got a BSOD when I retried to enter the game with ATI catalyst disabled.

atikvmag.dll is the source..

*dives into google searches*
Old December 18, 2008, 08:43 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Lots of people having issues with 8.12's. Suggest you rollback to 8.11's.

edit: and apparently that .dll BSOD is catalyst related.
Old December 18, 2008, 09:55 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

And if that doesn't work, try 8.10 drivers. They were the only ones that worked (at least sometimes) when I had this problem.
Old December 19, 2008, 09:13 AM
Top Prospect

8.10 drivers were installed, and the game still crashes at 80-90% loading of a screen.

Does anyone have any ideas of what I can research? I uninstalled the catalyst program (cant remember the name off the top of my head) that comes as an option when downloading drivers, to see if that would help. It didn't.

This is getting frustrating, I have spent about 7 hours now trying to get this game running.

P.S. COD4 DOESNT EVEN WORK NOW! I get a blank black screen on that now!

Anyone have any ideas??? This is on a fresh install of windows, so it has to be a driver messup, or direct3d error, or directx... even though I have installed the june and november runtimes...
Old December 19, 2008, 09:44 AM
Top Prospect

Oi, I have good news.

I tried loading cod4 in safe mode, and it worked. My sound was pertty crappy, so I turned it up back to 44khz, and guess what?!? THE GAME CRASHED! Now I know what, partially, could be causing the problem.

Is there a way in XP to change the default khz of your speakers, like you can do in vista?
Old December 19, 2008, 10:47 AM
Top Prospect

Update: I found the sound accelleration, and it was already at full. moving it down on the slider just caused to game to not boot.
Old December 19, 2008, 10:57 AM
Top Prospect

Screw it, Reinstalling windows.
Old January 6, 2009, 03:04 PM
Rookie

Default i don't want reinstall windows

Hello,

I've tha same problem. I've a geoforce 9600GT and i've unistalled/installed the graphic driver. (180.48_geforce_winxp_32bit_international_whql.exe ). Furthermore, i've reinstalled the directx9c and then i've installed directx10c.

When i want play COd5, when load map i've receive the erro message direct3ddevice9:Present Failed:Driver Internal Error and Cod5.exe crash.

Do you have any solution??'
I don't like windows problems,grgrgrgrgrgrgr!

Marc
Old January 6, 2009, 03:04 PM
Rookie

Default Error message