Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 7, 2008, 11:30 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Default Warhead vs FC2

Well folks, just finished a good 3 hr run on FC2...it actually is kinda fun when you have multiple missions going on , but I find I'm simply driving or boating around on these missions, blowing things up and shooting endless Africans that seem to magically appear out of nowhere, can shoot me at any range, whether I can see them or not.....
Am I missing something here?....Is that it, just keep going back and forth on the Map acquiring missions, collecting Diamonds (slow process) and taking my Malaria fix regularly......? I must be missing something?!
Anyhow, went back to round 2 (2nd time around on Warhead), this time I increased the difficulty a notch and am running my 280SLI config on the 24" monitor, so playing Enthusiast and wow, this really is a great game! The scenery is truly amazing, particularly in the Enthusiast mode, once in the caves it just literally "grasps" you...
Anyhow...my 2 cents worth....I really feel as though perhaps I should be going about FC2 differently?..not sure...

Old December 7, 2008, 11:37 PM
Hall Of Fame

I've found that a big factor in FC2 is whether or not you like the storyline. It's not perfect, but if you get into it, it makes a big difference. Me, I quite enjoyed it, even if the ending was a little lame. That, and whether you enjoy scenery. If you do, FC2 is great for people who like to venture off the beaten pathways and just sightsee enroute to their next stop. The developers did a great job of creating an interesting world to mess around in, even if it's a little short on things to actually DO. But if all that isn't you, then the traveling is just annoying, and you're pretty much guaranteed to like Warhead better.
Old December 7, 2008, 11:43 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I, to be honest, didn't like FC2. Even though traveling and sightseeing is what I sometimes look for in games, the AI was just too aggressive in FC2. Wherever I went, a jeep would be right up my ass with a gunner just shooting at me.. I couldn't just enjoy the game without having to get out of my car every couple seconds to kill the people on my ass. But, thats just me..

And I enjoyed Warhead, even though it was short.
Old December 7, 2008, 11:45 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Don't get me wrong..the scenery is very cool indeed, as is the "wandering around", I'm just not sure if I'm going about the gameplay in the correct manner to take advantage of all it has to offer...I get the odd task from the weapons guy, but after a couple of those I tend to avoid them as they're always (in my experience anyhow) blow up a convoy of vehicles carrying weapons...
So, I've started going back to the main town for my taskings Palau...getting them from the main dude thier...then the odd side track...is thier just the one Map? ....I also find the whole weapons upgrade pretty slow as the diamonds I'm not collecting all that quickly...as well...I buy a weapon, and somehow I seem to wind up with an old piece of crap that jams all the time...huh....maybe I just have to learn how to take advantage of the Safe Houses better. I did purchase the Weapons Cases, but still figuring out how to fully utilize them!
Any tips would be great, as I do believe the game does have a lot of potential!

Old December 7, 2008, 11:49 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
I did purchase the Weapons Cases, but still figuring out how to fully utilize them!
Any tips would be great, as I do believe the game does have a lot of potential!
I think that once you have em, you can go to the weapon storage and put your favourite weapon in the appropriate boxes and then they'll be around in all your safehouses, until you take them out and replace it with another weapon.
Old December 7, 2008, 11:54 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
I think that once you have em, you can go to the weapon storage and put your favourite weapon in the appropriate boxes and then they'll be around in all your safehouses, until you take them out and replace it with another weapon
Yep thats what I figured and what I've kinda been playing around with....just find the Diamond accumulation tends to be slow compared to the cost of upgrades!!. Like you said, the buggers in the vehicles are on you "like flies on sh_t" and seem to be dead accurate with their weapons (even if I can't see where the hell they're shooting from ?), sometimes I'm getting blasted for quite awhile and simply can't figure out where or how the hell thier getting my (as I'm crouched behind a friggin rock)....oh well persevere!

Old December 8, 2008, 12:06 AM
Hall Of Fame

For starters, don't buy all the weapons, that gets expensive fast, and most are just incremental upgrades. After wiping the game via full reformat, when I started the game up again, I had a much better idea of what I wanted to buy the second time in.

You're grabbing new weapons from the arms house, right? Buying the weapon doesn't automatically give you a new one, it just makes it so that you can grab new ones for free whenever you're at the arms house. And the weapon storage boxes are kind of pointless, I found. They're expensive, and half the time, it's just as close to get to the nearest weapon shop as it is to the nearest safe house to switch. And once you get a good combo equipped, there aren't many missions you can't handle with one setup. Kind of unfortunate, realy. My own main setup was a sniper rifle for a main weapon, a sub-MG for a secondary, and either a flame-thrower or a rocket launcher for the special weapon.
Old December 8, 2008, 12:22 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
You're grabbing new weapons from the arms house, right?
Yep, it took me awhile to figure that out but yes. So, once I purchase a weapon once, it is always available in the Arms house right? Unless I'm carrying it or its in a storage case.

Old December 8, 2008, 05:21 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

what i did for weapons cause i really didn't want to waste my time lookin for diamonds i just went and got a trainer to give me unlimited diamonds so i didn't have to screw around with looking for them. so then i was free to buy whatever gun i wanted when i unlocked it. made it a lil more fun for me anyway
Old December 8, 2008, 07:21 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I didn't like FC2. After 5 hours, I was bored. I didn't get into the storyline It's still a great game, but maybe not my type!

Back up - Ebay (Inik1) or Heatware