Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 6, 2008, 08:21 PM
MVP

Default COD :Modern Warfare 2! ~OFFICIAL!~

WOOOOOO I was really disapointed when COD5 was confirmed as another WW2 game. Not that I don't think its probably a good game I just think its been done to death. I really enjoyed COD4 and I thought the story ended in a way that screamed for a sequel. And its gonna happen! I am just hoping IGN is reporting actual facts and not speculation...... here is the link I hope other people are as happy as I am about this. IGN: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Revealed
Old December 7, 2008, 04:28 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

will be cool if it happens but imo i still think they should give vietnam a try. i know vietnam is a touchy subject but theres been a few vietnam games and i think cod could do a good job with it.With lots of ppl complaining oh im sick of ww2 or i hate the modern,i think it would be a good medium.there isn't really any good vietnam games.. men of valor was pretty cool and the multiplayer on vietcong was awesome till it got hacked to shit.. me i like both the modern and the ww2 i play cod5 cod2 and cod united offensive as much as cod4. but would really like a lil diff from both
Old December 7, 2008, 07:20 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmac79 View Post
will be cool if it happens but imo i still think they should give vietnam a try. i know vietnam is a touchy subject but theres been a few vietnam games and i think cod could do a good job with it.With lots of ppl complaining oh im sick of ww2 or i hate the modern,i think it would be a good medium.there isn't really any good vietnam games.. men of valor was pretty cool and the multiplayer on vietcong was awesome till it got hacked to shit.. me i like both the modern and the ww2 i play cod5 cod2 and cod united offensive as much as cod4. but would really like a lil diff from both
Except that the whole game would be in the jungle. They'd need to do alot a vehicle missions to make it interesting (PT boats, helicopters [a-la-air cav], and maybe defensive missions like the tet offensive) hmm, now that I've thought about it, could be good
Old December 7, 2008, 08:37 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

The funny thing is, if you look at all the titles for FPS games; there are actually more based in modern warfare than WWI or II Combined.

The other thing that cracked me up is people in that link complaining "WAW ruined the series" I wonder when people will catch on that COD has been developed by two different companies during it's life and that the major differences from title to title are because they arn't even created by the same people lol.
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old December 7, 2008, 11:07 AM
Allstar

I remember that they had a lawsuit between the companies that made the "big red one" for console and COD 3.
Old December 7, 2008, 01:01 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Funny I thought COD5 had a way better single player then COD4. Although COD4 has a much better multi. I just think WW2 has some of the more epic battles and are actually important and are realistic while COD4 wasn't very realistic and you didn't have the same feeling that the battle you were playing was that important.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old December 7, 2008, 01:11 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babrbarossa View Post
Except that the whole game would be in the jungle. They'd need to do alot a vehicle missions to make it interesting (PT boats, helicopters [a-la-air cav], and maybe defensive missions like the tet offensive) hmm, now that I've thought about it, could be good
BF:Vietnam was jungle but sucked IMO

COD4 the single player didnt suck me in, WaW did but as always was way to short, I do like the coop in WaW but again to short.

I find COD is more of a run and gun , every man for them selves type of FPS, sure there is limited squad play but I prefer a more tactical FPS .

Still I will probably grab it when it's out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton