Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 3, 2008, 09:12 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Default Prince of Persia (PC) Pre-Order $29.99 FS & BB

Never really pre-ordered anything from FS or BB before but it seems you can pre-order PoP and it's only $30 for PC. The console versions are your regular $60. I think I am going to pick myself up a copy since the estimated release date at FS & BB is tomorrow (Dec 4th).

Future Shop: Gaming: PC Games: Prince of Persia (PC) - Bilingual

Video Games & Toys: PC Games: Prince of Persia (PC) - Bilingual | Best Buy Canada Web Store

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old January 5, 2009, 10:58 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Sickkkkkkkkkk game ... loving it. About 2/3 done, and still love the comic graphics. Really different and visually stunning.
Old January 6, 2009, 01:03 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

It was a terrible decision to revert to cartoon graphics - we are in 2008 and we expect next generation graphics - Sometimes games developers make stupid decisions - like with Mirror's Edge - Unreal 3 engine graphics, yet the cut scenes are made with flash ! it is retarded and I think straying away from the original story line of Prine of Perisa and the graphics we all like, is equally bad ! And in early stages they never even wanted to make it cell shading, but it was decided to go ahead anyways !
Old January 6, 2009, 05:24 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

i have this but after a lil play i got really bored...there was no action just jumpin from here to here then a boss fight at the end of every lil trip.........thats why i never ever buy a game just for sp,waste of money imo
Old January 6, 2009, 12:26 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

lol, what were you expecting? It's PoP and pretty much every review on the net told you that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarKStar View Post
It was a terrible decision to revert to cartoon graphics - we are in 2008 and we expect next generation graphics - Sometimes games developers make stupid decisions - like with Mirror's Edge - Unreal 3 engine graphics, yet the cut scenes are made with flash ! it is retarded and I think straying away from the original story line of Prine of Perisa and the graphics we all like, is equally bad ! And in early stages they never even wanted to make it cell shading, but it was decided to go ahead anyways !
It's a style decision. You don't like it and that's fair you don't have to. But imo a game doesn't have to look like Crysis to have good graphics. This game is trying to evoke a sense of fantasy and otherworldyness (is that a word?). So hence the water colour painting effect. I think it looks quite beautiful and is a nice change from all the "most realistic graphics you've ever seen" games.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old January 6, 2009, 07:04 PM
Allstar
F@H

i think its an awesome game and the graphics are aabsolutely stunning. for some reason the graphics remind me of like team fortress 2 :D hehe.
Old January 6, 2009, 08:03 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

It's selling cheap because UBIsoft are doing a social experiment with this release. They have made public that this release will not include any DRM whatsoever in reaction to pc gamers speaking out on mass that they would refuse to purchase any further titles with DRM. They received a lot of flack over the DRM complications with Assassins Creed and their PC sales were dismal. So the public face they are putting on this that they will prove once and for all that either they hear their consumers concerns and react or that they want to prove that their game will be pirated like crazy if no DRM was attatched to their product. whichever is the case the lagging sales will most likely be blamed on pirates and not the fact that the game is a ugly child and noone wants to play a cartoony "easy-mode" game. I've seen this on all my torrent sites days before it's retail release and it's laughable how few people are downloading this. In the future maybe Ubi will try this experiment again with a game that dosn't suck. Anyways this games a trap and you can read more here. PC Prince of Persia contains no DRM. It's a trap!

Ubi should write a book on how to alienate it's consumers and drive it's sales into the ground. Whomever thought of this brainiac move should get shitcanned. What a buffoon!
Old January 6, 2009, 08:28 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Just because you see "tons" of people downloading it doesn't mean EVERYONE is. Out of those downloading it, statistics show they are in a specific financial category and would very unlikely have purchased the game anyways - so it's unfair for companies to claim 100% loss on EVERY download that is simply inaccurate!

DRM is a waste of ******* time - for the simple reason, is that the game WILL get pirated anyway, whether you have DRM or not, only those who DO buy it will be frustrated because of DRM - so will the lack of DRM make the game pirated more, that is crazy to even think so - because DRM or not, they get cracked very quick and downloaded just the same. DRM only punishes legit users.

DRM or not games will still be pirated. They can put all kinds of so-called tough protection it gets cracked. BluRay was cracked, Windows activation was cracked, WIndows Vista SP1 so-called anti hack measures was cracked, so it's pointless - Videogame industry creates a lot of jobs and a lot of money is made - companies are GREEDY, they already make ridiculous profits already on some game titles and franchises, despite the piracy - so they claim that 200,000 downloads were made and think that out of the 200,000, 100% is lost sales, that is absurd !
Not having DRM will NOT affect piracy levels, since games get cracked anyways, however, adding DRM WILL increase piracy because those legit users will stop buying and pirate instead.
So which is better you think for Ubisoft ?

As to the cartoon style, the development team never planned this, and it was heavily debated at first and disagreed - however, some people thought it would be nice and so they decided it - but it was not planned.

I think Ubisoft did an excellent job on Sands of Time, the first in the series, I miss it a lot ! The second one was absolute GARBAGE, and the last one was better, ok - now they are doing something completly new and re-inventing prince of persia, (so-called prine who is not really a prince anymore) - I dunno, I don't think they will get the success they hoped for, for this release. Once you see a winning plan, stick to it, this new game has a lot of flaws, it becomes EXTREMELY repetitive, and ridiculously easy - it's as if they targeted KIDS when making this game........... there is no real challenge. Bring back Sands of Time and Kndered Swords ! I liked those.
Old January 6, 2009, 08:43 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Well said DarkStar. I totally agree 100%. I to bought the previous titles and loved the series until this most recent one. I just think that Ubi was trying to cover it's ass if this title went into the toilet and preemptively playing the piracy killed sales card was a handy scape goat.
Old January 6, 2009, 08:54 PM
Allstar
F@H

but what is weird is that it costs 29.99 in like futureshop and bestbuy, and if you look on steam, its 49.99... :D