Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 2, 2008, 02:27 PM
"Quote This..."
F@H

years not done yet. I have several contenders yet to be played. GTA IV and I just read a review of Prince of Persia and they guy loved it.
Old December 2, 2008, 02:29 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thund3rball View Post
LOL, wanna sell QOS to me for $15?
I may be into that after X-mas Thund3rball. See I re-gifted it to my brother 3 weeks ago as we have this unspoken agreement not to buy each other gifts anymore. We just trade back and forth the absolute worst gifts we get and try to top each other which gift stink the most. He's in the lead this year as he switched up X-mas and B-day gifts and gave me a Christmas fruit cake for my B-day. We laughed so hard we cried when he came for a visit and it was holding my front door open for him. I suspect he may not top my QoS so he may try something sneaky this year and re-gift my re-gifted QoS back to me. lol

I'll let you know.
Old December 2, 2008, 02:37 PM
Hall Of Fame

Best = Call Of Duty : World At War - Crysis - Crysis Warhead

Worse = Bah, I could not tell. I don't have much time to game. So I only buy games that have been proven to be good. And most of the times, i buy the games 1 months after their release. Exception of Call Of Duty : World At War since i have been a die hard Cod series fan since the beginning of my gaming life. I bought it the first day it was released and have been playing it since. I must admit that i was really disappointed of Far Cry 2 tho...

A little + The game i played the most since i am into computer gaming = Max Payne (The original), Unreal Tournament (The original too) and Call Of Duty + It's expansion - United Offensive.
- 16GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile
- Ultra X3 1000 Watt
- Asus Xonar DX 7.1 \ Klipsch Promedia 2.1 THX
- Corsair Vengeance 1300 Gaming Headset
- Crucial M4 SSD 128GB \ WD Caviar Black 1TB
- CoolerMaster 690II Advanced
- Dell UltraSharp 24''
- Noctua NH-D14
Old December 2, 2008, 02:51 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwaysrun View Post
I may be into that after X-mas Thund3rball. See I re-gifted it to my brother 3 weeks ago as we have this unspoken agreement not to buy each other gifts anymore. We just trade back and forth the absolute worst gifts we get and try to top each other which gift stink the most. He's in the lead this year as he switched up X-mas and B-day gifts and gave me a Christmas fruit cake for my B-day. We laughed so hard we cried when he came for a visit and it was holding my front door open for him. I suspect he may not top my QoS so he may try something sneaky this year and re-gift my re-gifted QoS back to me. lol

I'll let you know.
That's hilarious!

Ya sure lemme know. I won't be buying it retail that's for sure, especially with so many other good games out there right now.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old December 2, 2008, 03:01 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thund3rball View Post

Quake 4, GOW PC, Crysis, UT3!?! I thought he said 2008

Nope Portal was 2007 (Orange Box).
I only got around to them this year I got GOW, Quake 4 and UT3 for Christmas 2007 so unless I am a speed demon there is now way I could have played them all before 2008.
GAMER: Win7 Pro x64, I7 3770 (stock) (CM 212+), Asus P8Z77-V Pro, Gigabyte 7970 OC Ghz Edition 3 GB, Corsair Vengeance LP 4 x 4GB DDR3 1600Mhz, Crucial M4 120 GB + 256GB, Intel X25-M 160GB, 1TB WD Blk, BRD, HX750W, Auz X-Fi Prelude, & Fractal Design Arc MIDI R2

Lenovo Ideapad Y510p: i7-4700MQ 2.4GHz (undervolted by 80mV), 16GB DDR3L-1866MHz, Intel GMA 4600HD / SLI'ed Nvidia Geforce GT 755M 2GB GDDR5, 240 GB Crucial SSD, 128GB M.2 SSD, 15.6" HD+ Glossy LED
Old December 2, 2008, 03:04 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Haven't played much from 2008 but from what I have:

Best: CoD World at War

Worst: Spore. So much hype turned into a real disappointment.

Yet to play Fallout 3
Old December 2, 2008, 03:26 PM
Top Prospect

The best for this year is Fallout 3 bar none. The gameplay is solid with so much content that you can play for months, that is, if your not playing 12hrs a day, and more content on the way, " yaaaay" The graphics, while still in the Oblivion Era, have been tweaked, and are done(with the audio as well) to really give you that "your are alone in the world" feel.

As for the worst, all I can do is keep going back to Aquaman Battle for Atlantis, the worst game ever made. X-Play reviewed it, and it was so bad they even pulled their video review.

Aquaman: Battle For Atlantis Videos - G4tv.com
Asus P5K Deluxe / Intel Core2Quad Q9550@8x425@3400mhz(1.225v) / Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro / 4Gigs DDR2 1066mhz(5-5-5-15) Corsair Dominator / Diamond HD4870x2 / Asus Xonar / WD Raptor 74gb / Hitachi 160GB / Antec Quattro 850w / Logitech Z-680 5.1 / Dell Ultrasharp 24" / 2 LG Optical Drives / Vista Ultimate 32bit / A tower that's been drilled, cut, and bent to fit all of my fans
Old December 2, 2008, 04:28 PM
MVP

best 4 me is warhammer online

worst was assassins creed
Old December 2, 2008, 04:35 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranky View Post
The best for this year is Fallout 3 bar none. The gameplay is solid with so much content that you can play for months, that is, if your not playing 12hrs a day, and more content on the way, " yaaaay" The graphics, while still in the Oblivion Era, have been tweaked, and are done(with the audio as well) to really give you that "your are alone in the world" feel.

As for the worst, all I can do is keep going back to Aquaman Battle for Atlantis, the worst game ever made. X-Play reviewed it, and it was so bad they even pulled their video review.

Aquaman: Battle For Atlantis Videos - G4tv.com
LMAO

1. It's Aqauman

"You know how sometimes you get upset that the people policing your neighborhood are a bunch of fat donut critics who spend most of their time trying to trick you into speeding tickets? It could be worse. They could be Aquaman."
Seanbaby's Super Friends Page - Aquaman

2. Any game by a company called Lucky Chicken should be warning enough. :)

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old December 2, 2008, 04:55 PM

My System Specs

Best without a doubt in my mind is Fallout 3. Close runner-ups are Dead Space and Mass Effect.

Bad: No idea, I don't buy bad games :p