Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 28, 2008, 10:52 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Doom3 was also fun at the time...another one I played on my old P4 3 Ghz, 1GB RAM and 6800GT.....ran fine but couldn't run it in Ultra Mode...you needed a 512MB GPU...wwhhoooaaa..imagine that 512MB....my 6800GT is 256MB and still going strong in my wifes Office :)
One tihng with Doom3...I never had the inkling to play it more than once....thus it was "ok"..

Old November 28, 2008, 12:16 PM
Allstar

I loved Prey, especially when they guy gets really pissed that his woman was killed and gets better weps and totally goes 'indian' on em LoL... Swearing, cussing and all..I can say this, coz, well, im 50% first nation
Old November 28, 2008, 01:20 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
Doom3 was also fun at the time...another one I played on my old P4 3 Ghz, 1GB RAM and 6800GT.....ran fine but couldn't run it in Ultra Mode...you needed a 512MB GPU...wwhhoooaaa..imagine that 512MB....my 6800GT is 256MB and still going strong in my wifes Office :)
One tihng with Doom3...I never had the inkling to play it more than once....thus it was "ok"..
Same for me. I have no desire to play Doom 3 again. I didn't even finish it. I played to some level past Hell and asked myself "why am I still playing this game?". When a game becomes a slog to just finish it, it's time to move on imo. Just got to be too much of the same-old, same-old for me. Story was cool and all but not enough to hold me. Prey had more variety to it. If Doom 3 spent more time in Hell, less in the station hallways and maybe threw in a vehicle mission or 2, it would have been WAY better (ala Quake 4 ).

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old November 28, 2008, 02:21 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Yep some guys were "once played" and others I played a few times...huh..that would be a good Thread or questionnaire...what games has everyone played multiple times..more than once...for me:
1. Quake4
2. FEAR
3. HL2
4. Far Cry
5. Crysis
6. Crysis Warhead
7. Bioshock

Think thats about it....I generally use Crysis and Warhead for Benching and testing GPU OC's, find myself getting back into it when all I wanted to do was run a quick test. I would have to say that my biggest dissapointment this Fall (with all these new releases) would have to be Far Cry 2..the 1st was awesome,and this one seems to be....I don't know...."slow"....not all that "interesting"....anyhoo, likley begin a migration to RPG's as FPS have seem to begin to bore me, although I must say L4D is quite an "action packed" (mindless) FPS

Old November 28, 2008, 03:04 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
Yep some guys were "once played" and others I played a few times...huh..that would be a good Thread or questionnaire...what games has everyone played multiple times..more than once...for me:
1. Quake4
2. FEAR
3. HL2
4. Far Cry
5. Crysis
6. Crysis Warhead
7. Bioshock

Think thats about it....I generally use Crysis and Warhead for Benching and testing GPU OC's, find myself getting back into it when all I wanted to do was run a quick test. I would have to say that my biggest dissapointment this Fall (with all these new releases) would have to be Far Cry 2..the 1st was awesome,and this one seems to be....I don't know...."slow"....not all that "interesting"....anyhoo, likley begin a migration to RPG's as FPS have seem to begin to bore me, although I must say L4D is quite an "action packed" (mindless) FPS
Hm good list I think mine is quite similar, in no particular order (PC games only).

FEAR
Quake 4
Far Cry
Bioshock
HL2 (multiple), Ep 1, Ep 2, Portal
Crysis
Thief 2
Prey
HL1 (multiple)

Edit: Timeshift

Games I will likely play again.

Dead Space
Crysis: Warhead
HL2, Ep 1, Ep 2 :)
HL1
Quake 4
Bioshock

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE

Last edited by Thund3rball; November 30, 2008 at 07:08 PM.
Old November 28, 2008, 03:33 PM
Allstar

Tough call but I have to go way back on some of the titles that I've played many times:

• Thief 1,2,3
  • Grim Fandango
  • Serious Sam
  • FEAR
  • Crysis
  • Far Cry
  • Half-Life 1,2 (counter strike, team fortress)
  • Medal of Honor - Allied Assault
  • Bioshock
Thief is still my favorite game of all time - I love the eerie environment, sounds and time period. I'd like to see Lucas studio remake Grim Fandango - now that was way ahead of it's time:)

CHEERS

Tags
game , gaming