Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 23, 2008, 03:13 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default A question to FlatOut 1 owners.

I was in Nelson the other day and aside from getting NFS: Undercover I found FlatOut 1 in a bargain bin for $10. So, I decided that it might be good for a cheap laugh and might run on my Aspire One until I get the OS I want on my desktop system. *shakes fist at random postal services*

Anyway, I connected up an optical drive to my AAO, installed, and ran. It runs ok if the gfx are turned way down. Then, (because I am using a netbook)I proceed to see if it will run without the CD.. Nope. I check for No-CD images online and they do not work. I check for cracked apps and both v1.0 and v1.1 cracked binaries do not work and even with the "crash fix" they still crash. Eventually I give in and make an image of the first CD but it is not recognized by the game either.

When using a full or mini image FlatOut does not complain about having drive emulation software, it just says that it cannot find or cannot auth the disc.
I am working with Alcohol 120% and Daemon Tools Lite.
Seems FlatOut 1 uses SafeDisc 4 so my question to you all is this:
Does anyone have any advice on how I can get this to work? I am fine with keeping a full image of CD1 on my AAO's 120GB HDD or a reduced image or even cracked binary, I just want this to work without needing an external optical drive wherever I go.

Since I understand that this forum cannot support piracy - here I have an image of my little AAO along with the optical drive that I would need to carry around to use this game as well as the CDs&box.
If a mod feels that this needs to be dealt with privately then fine, I just wanted to let the question be known.
Old November 23, 2008, 03:37 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

i always use no/cd cracks for my games cause i hate usin the cds. and i used one for flatout. i get all my no/cds at gamecopyworld
Old November 23, 2008, 03:52 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

That was the first site I went to for cracked exe files, unfortunately this time the ones I tried from there did not work for me with this game. That was also where I got the mini-images.

So long as I use the CD everything works but as you understand, that is not a good solution. :/
Old November 23, 2008, 04:27 PM
Hall Of Fame

CD Copy Protection Utilities/Tools For Burning A 1:1 Copy- GameBurnWorld

Search for Safedisc Utilities.. perhaps one will work for you.
Old November 23, 2008, 05:25 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Thanks for the link.

*Edit
Man, I hate this trash.

Status so far:
Cracked exe - no(crashes after intro movies even with supposed fix applied)
SafeDisc4Nightmare - no(error below)
SafeDisc4Blocker - no(error below)
ProtStop - no(error below)
Y.A.S.U - no(error below)

With the image I made using Alcohol 120% I get "Original disc could not be found or authenticated" after a reasonable wait with a spinning CD as cursor.
With the mini-images from GCW I get an immediate "Wrong disc inserted. Please insert the CD/DVD".
Does not matter if I use A120% or DTL to mount the image.

Perhaps I just need to try to make another full image with some other app?
And is it just me or to most of the anti-safedisc/securerom apps do the same thing as all the rest to your registry?
Never had issues that were as much of a pita as this when I was gaming in Mac OS X. >_<

Last edited by MacJunky; November 23, 2008 at 06:25 PM.
Old November 23, 2008, 06:38 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Now this is interesting.

Code:
-=[ ProtectionID v5.2c ]=- (c) CdKiller & [x/xxx]
Build 12-02-2007....
> Ready

Scanning -> C:\Program Files\Empire Interactive\FlatOut\FlatOut.exe
File Type : Exe, Size : 5767168 (0580000h) Bytes
-> Suspicious MZ Header.. 
[!] SecuROM Detected - Version 7.10.0008
- Scan Took : 0.281 Seconds
GameCopyWorld and some other places say it uses SafeDisc v4.
Still though, Y.A.S.U and at least one or two of the others say that they cover SecuROM v7.x anyway..
Old November 23, 2008, 08:28 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

hmm never had that problem. Well if you can't get it to work and really REALLY want to play this game then you can get it off of steam for 9.99. There are no taxes so it will be 10 bucks. Or you could get all of the flatout games for 45 bucks or flatout 1 and 2 for 25.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old November 23, 2008, 08:58 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Have you tried using daemon tools as the virtual drive? They're usually pretty good about keeping on top of things.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old November 23, 2008, 09:35 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

belgolas:
a) Dialup - FlatOut comes on two CDs, it is not compressed on either and it is 1.09GB after install.
b) This may sound cheap but... $10 was already paid for it. :/
c) All of my computers are Steam free.
d) I am not really desperate to play it, I just feel screwed out of my time and effort(admittedly, that is not very much but still..). I also do not have much in the way of games that run on this thing that are reasonably playable without a real mouse.

sswilson:
So far only Daemon Tools Lite and Alcohol 120%, do you mean a more fully featured version of Daemon Tools?

Last edited by MacJunky; November 23, 2008 at 09:42 PM.
Old November 24, 2008, 06:58 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

i just installed my flatout 1 never installed no patches and got the flatout v1.0 [english] no-cd/fixed exe from gamecopyword and its workin without a hitch. did u install a patch for it ,are u putting the crack in the right place?