Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 27, 2008, 11:58 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thund3rball View Post
Ya it looks bloody fantastic. The art direction and character animations in that game are beautiful. I loved Sands of Time, never really played the other PoP games. This one's on my list for X-mas. :)
You're not missing much - Sands of Time was the best - followed by the last POP, but the 2nd one was utter crap - level design was really bad.
Old November 27, 2008, 02:17 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarKStar View Post
You're not missing much - Sands of Time was the best - followed by the last POP, but the 2nd one was utter crap - level design was really bad.
Ya that's what I heard. Maybe during a gaming dry spell I might pick up PoP3 for $10 from Steam or something. I actually played a bit of PoP2 but as you say, the level design wasn't great and it just didn't hold my interest *shrugs*. Here's hoping this one is much better!

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old November 28, 2008, 10:45 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thund3rball View Post
Still no screens in this thread? ... for shame
heres a cpl for ya lol

GOTTA LOVE THAT ONE LOL
Old November 28, 2008, 12:25 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Owwwooo! LMAO

Game looks great, can't wait to have Lara stretched all over my screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmac79 View Post
heres a cpl for ya lol

GOTTA LOVE THAT ONE LOL

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old November 28, 2008, 03:13 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

What engine does this MF run on ? Does it still use the enhanced LEGENDS engine ?
Old November 29, 2008, 10:12 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Notice how she gets dirty? That's a really innovative feature I thought to myself until I had an idea to wash it off by going for a dip, when I came out all glistening from the water the mud/dirt was still there...and glistening to. lol

The camera control for all the Tomb Raider games on PC has always been a bit sticky and sometimes hard to wrestle with and this version is no exception. It's down right aggravating at times and I find myself taking more leaps of faith in this game than any of the previous ones.

There's also loads more combat specific keys in this game. It gets downright confusing when battling several enemies at once. I'm using 3 more keys that I usually do in most FPS. I guess it's a good thing as Lara has much more mobility that most run and gunners so I'll just have to get used to the extra keys.

I really love the level intermissions with their awesome cut scenes and the ability to select your outfit and guns for the next level, also the rewards you get are head and shoulders above what was given in any of the previous games imo.

I'm really loving the game so far, I'm at the part where I need to collect Gems to do something to the Shivva statue (sp?) The best thing about this game is I can run it full on all options at max. AA at 4X (I see little dif when 8x is on and it does slow me down considerable so 4x is best) res is at 1680x1050. I also have 2 Folding clients going and they actually manage to get work done while I play which kicks ass. I'm going to sign up for some image hosting site later and put up some giant screens so ppl who don't have the game can see how nice it looks all blown up!
Old November 29, 2008, 10:41 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwaysrun View Post
The camera control for all the Tomb Raider games on PC has always been a bit sticky and sometimes hard to wrestle with and this version is no exception. It's down right aggravating at times and I find myself taking more leaps of faith in this game than any of the previous ones.

There's also loads more combat specific keys in this game. It gets downright confusing when battling several enemies at once. I'm using 3 more keys that I usually do in most FPS. I guess it's a good thing as Lara has much more mobility that most run and gunners so I'll just have to get used to the extra keys.
i have no probs with the camera or combat maybe its cause im usin a logitech dual action annalog controller
Old December 2, 2008, 07:56 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Here's a few more for anyone who's interested.

Tags
game , gaming