Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 18, 2008, 07:39 AM
Allstar
F@H

My specs are in my sig and i never crash in gta4, im on vista x64 as well btw. And using the beta drivers for gta4, maybe that makes a difference
Mobo: ASUS M3A79-T Deluxe
Memory: 4gb OCZ Platinum 1000mhz ddr2
Graphics: 2x Sapphire 4830s in Crossfire
Keyboard: Logitech G11
Mouse: Logitech G9
HD:WD 640gb Caviar Black + 750gb Seagate
#hardwarecanucks on irc.enterthegame.com
Old December 18, 2008, 10:06 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Agreed. Playboy-X pad is the best in the game and it even has Web access via a laptop on the kitchen counter. One thing that this game is lacking is safe houses but then again they aren't really required as theres a handy auto save after every completed mission (Thank god as this game crashes alot). I stopped collecting cars out in front of my houses because I noticed R* was kind enough to spawn a helicopter and a decent fast car very close to all the safe houses and are just a short run away (except that north island no choppah)

The one standout in all the 3-d GTA games is the ability to fly choppers and I remember Vice City where I spent so many hours with 3rd party config programs to get my flight stick to work with it but after I did I flew the chopper and plane like a pro. San Andreas tried to refine the joystick remapping to better appease the PC users (and failed) but now with gta4 they just gave up entirely. There's no option whatsoever to redefine keys for a joystick. Shame on you rockstar wtf were you thinking making a port to PC and not having the ability to use a joystick other than a gamepad. I have a Saitek Cyborg EVO that kicks ass and I'm pissed I can't even use it!
Old December 18, 2008, 02:25 PM
Hall Of Fame

Statistics
Average FPS: 56.53
Duration: 37.04 sec
CPU Usage: 78%
System memory usage: 46%
Video memory usage: 92%

Graphics Settings
Video Mode: 1280 x 1024 (60 Hz)
Texture Quality: Medium
Render Quality: High
View Distance: 25
Detail Distance: 37

Hardware
Microsoft(R) Windows(R) XP Professional x64 Edition
Service Pack 2
Video Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT
Video Driver version: 180.48
Audio Adapter: HDA XPLOSION 7.1 Wave Device
Intel(R) Pentium(R) III Xeon processor
Intel(R) Pentium(R) III Xeon processor

Dunno why it thinks I have a Xeon hahaha.

** EDIT **

Alright this game is just annoying as it was on the PS3.

Constantly having to move the mouse to see where you are driving = annoyance.

P3S issue was constantly have to keep the camera in check too.

Game = failed.

Last edited by enaberif; December 18, 2008 at 05:53 PM.
Old December 19, 2008, 01:18 AM
MVP

My System Specs

how do i get rid of my horrible shadows lol look
Old December 19, 2008, 09:27 AM
MVP

I'm starting to get those weird graphic shadows now too reaverclan. I've never had a game so frakin' buggy and has caused me so much grief. 99.9% of games I play I have no issues; install and play. But this game takes the cake for frustration. Constant crashes, especially when I try to save at the safehouse. Its funny though, the box says its enhanced for Vista and x64, pffft! Maybe its the OS that is causing the issues, maybe its not Vista friendly. I'll see what happens when my extra 4gb of ram comes from Tiger Direct. Hopefully 8gb ram will help, but I doubt it. Or I will have to get the new Geforce GTX 295 hahahaha!
Old December 19, 2008, 09:55 AM
Allstar
F@H

I dont see why you guys are all having crashes, my gta4 hasnt crashed ONCE and i just beat the game last night, i think i had like 25 hours of play time im not sure. But my pc isnt even close to some of yours when it comes to the cpu.
Mobo: ASUS M3A79-T Deluxe
Memory: 4gb OCZ Platinum 1000mhz ddr2
Graphics: 2x Sapphire 4830s in Crossfire
Keyboard: Logitech G11
Mouse: Logitech G9
HD:WD 640gb Caviar Black + 750gb Seagate
#hardwarecanucks on irc.enterthegame.com
Old December 19, 2008, 10:29 AM
MVP

Jonwall are you using the beta drivers from Nvidia? 180.84?
Old December 19, 2008, 10:59 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Sigh. I'm on the last mission. It's crashed 4 times now as I lift myself up into the chopper that Jacob brought. I did the Deal with Dimitri and now I'm gonna kill him because he killed ****. So either choice you take you get some sort of revenge anyways but the coarse I took at least I get paid $250,000. I agree with most of you guys though. This game is a crashfest. I can have all my options on ultra low settings and it still crashes the same amount as when I push the sliders to the right. From start to finish and getting 100% completion is taking me aprox. 65 hours and I'd wager a guess that I've had in the order of 65 crashes. I've almost gotten all the multiplayer achievements and scored my first Rockstar developer kill last night in a rated TDM which kicked ass. Those R* Dev's are wicked at multi so I felt pretty pleased when I saw I got the achievement for killing one. If you know anyone who wants this game tell them to watch the buy and sell forum on Monday. I'm gonna unload this for half price and mark gta4 as "been there, done that".

Got into that damn chopper finally but the camera view is just bunk. the chopper starts in a steep nose dive because I guess that's the last position my mouse was in and it takes me about 4-5 seconds to get the view and orientation right to follow the other chopper and by then it's to late he's escaped. I'll keep at it but it's just frustrating. I dunno what R* was thinking with their default keys for the chopper as the ADWS in conjunction with the numberpad keys work ok for flying the chopper but WTF is having the fire set to the mouse? Do they think players have 3 hands? Anyways I changed the choppers fire key to Numpad 0.

I'll be happy when I'm done this game. I would have put this at the top of the heap as my goty but R* really did a shoddy job on the port and the lack of joystick config, poor multiplayer selection screens, and numerous ingame glitches and AI pathing really dim my view of this game. Vice City and San Andreas are so much better on the PC and this one just dosn't cut the mustard to be included in my library.

Last edited by Alwaysrun; December 19, 2008 at 01:23 PM.
Old December 19, 2008, 05:54 PM
MVP

My System Specs

i have no fing crashing at all after the patch installed but i have the horrible no AA and no fing shadows, and for single play I beat it in one day on 360 i just want free multi lol and yes the multi is awsome the multi runs better than the single wtf lol. and if u alt tab then task manager its gtaIV.exe *32 so 64 bit my ass lol.
Old December 19, 2008, 09:32 PM
"Quote This..."
F@H

Crap dude, I started reading that post and had to dump my eyeballs, don't post spoilers plz.