Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 15, 2008, 08:36 AM
Allstar
F@H

Well ive only got an athlon x2 4000+ which is actually below min specs and i can play at 21fps with render quality on highest, textures on medium, and view/detail all the way down to 10 with shadows off as well. Only 2 weeks til xmas when i can FINALLY upgrade, guess ill be going with a quad after all, maybe a phenom II if some reviews pop up end of dec to confirm the rumours.
BTW Even with all the troubles getting it working for most people (ive had none) and my horrid framerate, this game is AWESOME. Also anyone wanting some tweaks make a commandline.txt file in your gta4 directory whereever the exe is. Heres a list of all the parameters you can use and what the errors mean

Command Line Parameters

Tools

-benchmark: Runs the benchmark tool and immediately exits game.
-help: Display list of all command line options

Graphics

-renderquality: Set the render quality of the game. (0-4)
-shadowdensity: Set the shadow density of the game. (0-16)
-texturequality: Set the texture quality of the game. (0-2)
-viewdistance: Set the view distance of the game (0-99)
-detailquality: Set the detail quality of the game. (0-99)
-novblank: Disable wait for vblank (No Vsync)
-norestrictions: Do not limit graphics settings
-width: Set width of main render window (default is 800)
-height: Set height of main render window (default is 600)
-safemode: Run the graphics in the lowest setting possible
-frameLimit: Limit frame to interval of refresh rate (ex If refreshrate is 60HZ –frameLimit 1 = Locks down to 60HZ)
-refreshrate: Set the refresh rate of main render window – Warning - Monitor must support (ex. –refreshrate 60)
-fullscreen: Force fullscreen mode
-windowed: Force windowed mode
-availablevidmem: Set amount of physical Video Memory(ex. –availablevidmem 0.9)
-percentvidmem: Percentage of video memory to make available to GTA

Audio

-fullspecaudio: Force high-end CPU audio footprint
-minspecaudio: Force low-end CPU audio footprint

System

-noprecache: Disable precache of resources
-nomemrestrict: Disable memory restrictions

RMN20 - Windows Vista: Need to have Service Pack 1 or higher to proceed.
RMN30 - Windows XP 64 / Server 2003: Need to have Service Pack 2 or higher to proceed.
RMN40 - Windows XP: Need to have Service Pack 3 or higher to proceed.
DD3D50 - D3D Error - DirectX 9 video card required
TEXP110 - D3D Error - Failed to create texture - Please restart the game
DWIN20 - D3D Error - Failed to query memory. Please re-start the game.
DD3D10 - D3D Error - Please re-boot your system
DD3D10 - D3D Error - Please re-boot your system
DD3D30 - D3D Error - Please re-boot your system
DWIN30 - D3D Error - Please re-boot your system
DD3D20 - D3D Error - Please re-install the game and/or re-install DirectX
DWIN10 - D3D Error - Please restart the game
DD3D60 - D3D Error - Shader Model 3.0 or higher is required
DD3D70 - D3D Error - Unable to retrieve D3D Device. Please re-boot your system
GPUP10 - D3D Error - Unable to retrieve D3D Device. Please re-boot your system
TEXP20 - D3D Error - Unable to retrieve D3D Device. Please re-boot your system
TEXP30 - D3D Error - Unable to retrieve D3D Device. Please re-boot your system
TEXP80 - D3D Error - Unable to retrieve D3D Device. Please re-boot your system
DD3D40 - D3D Error - Unable to retrieve device capabilities. Please install latest video card driver and/or re-install DirectX
TEXP10 - D3D Error - Unable to retrieve device capabilities. Please install latest video card driver and/or re-install DirectX
DD3D80 - D3D reset failed - Please restart the game.
STRB10 - Failed to delete file - Please re-boot your system
RMN10 - Failed to read file - Please re-boot your system
STRM10 - Failed to read file - Please re-boot your system
STRM20 - Failed to read file - Please re-boot your system
BNDL10 - Failed to write file – Please re-boot your system
STBF10 - Failed to write file – Please re-boot your system
VOIC10 - Fatal voice chat error - Please restart the game
RESC10 - Out of video memory - Please re-boot your system
BA10 - Out of virtual memory - Please re-boot your system
EA10 - Out of virtual memory - Please re-boot your system
TEXP60 - Unable to create color render target - Please re-install DirectX and/or install the latest video card driver.
TEXP70 - Unable to create depth render target - Please re-install DirectX and/or install the latest video card driver.
AE10 - Insufficient Memory to Start Game - Please close some applications and restart the game
PC10 - Unable to retrieve D3D Device - Please reboot your machine or reinstall your display driver
TF10 - Unable to write to disk - Please restart the game
WS20 - InitWinSock failed - Please re-boot your system and/or re-install the game
WS30 - InitWinSock failed - Please re-boot your system and/or re-install the game
Mobo: ASUS M3A79-T Deluxe
Memory: 4gb OCZ Platinum 1000mhz ddr2
Graphics: 2x Sapphire 4830s in Crossfire
Keyboard: Logitech G11
Mouse: Logitech G9
HD:WD 640gb Caviar Black + 750gb Seagate
#hardwarecanucks on irc.enterthegame.com
Old December 17, 2008, 01:33 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I hit 1 million dollars and no hoopla in the game. The stupid R* Social club won't let me into the million dollar club and Games for windows and the game don't properly register some in-game accomplishments like gobble-gobble which I've done like 5 times now (bowl 3 consecutive strikes), also the heli tour which I've taken all six tours and GFWL chimes in and says I earned points and then I save but the next time I log into the game the awards are gone. BTW what are all these games for windows point for? I know with the X-box ppl can redeem their points for stuff online like screensavers, demo's ect ect but what where do you spend those achievement points? Or are they just for bragging rights.

I'm just finishing up some street racing with Brucie then I'll be doing the last mission before the 4th chapter. I've done everything in the game except the cab pickup missions for my cousin at the beginning of the game, I thought I'd just do those anytime but now I can't because I remembered that romands cab company got blown up as chapter one ended so I can't do those..sh*t!!! I was going to do the 200 pigeon kills seeing as noone has yet completed that task acording to Social club but uggg what a drag that will be. Maybe I'll just finish up the game and sell it. Multiplayer is ok but I can't see myself playing it much.
Old December 17, 2008, 09:09 PM
MVP

My System Specs

my games in the mail drivings gona be a with the keyboard though i beat the game on 360 in under 15 hours so eh but i got it basically for free multi as im a silver guy. shadowrun was pretty fun fora while and now its just when im bored, its to easy on pc lol.
Old December 17, 2008, 09:17 PM
MVP

Can you upgrade your vehicles like you could in San Andrera? What about your safehouses, and can you buy more safehouses? I'm loving the storyline of this version of GTA. Especially the "coming out of the closet" mission, the dialogue had me in stiches. The things I miss from San Andrea that I wish they could have incorporated was the ability to change your hairstyle, get tattoos and work out. I was pissed after completing the first race mission No. 1 and getting the porsche only to have my computer crash when I went to my safehouse to save it. When I reloaded the game, my porsche wasn't parked outside.

For those of you that have been blessed and don't get the "out of video memory" error or have it crash every 30 minutes or so from gaming, what are your specs? Even after applying the new patch, my game crashes a lot when I go to save the game. I read on one forum someone had 4gb of ram and decided to get 8gb and he no longer gets the "out of video memory errors" or crashes. I might try that since this game is frustrating the hell out of me. I can't play more than 30 minutes without it crashing when I try to save. You would think that having a GPU with 1gb of video memory would be fine, but apparently not.
Old December 17, 2008, 09:28 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

*San Andreas
As has been stated before you cannot upgrade/buy cars or houses.
You can kill Playboy X and get his house though. (as well as GTA III clothes)
Old December 17, 2008, 09:40 PM
MVP

My System Specs

in case u people didn't know lol u only need A tire in the parking thing to save the car i have a helicopter and 5 other cars in one area lol try it. thats on 360 but same thing should work for pc. my friend has like 15 motorcycles in one place lol.
Old December 17, 2008, 09:51 PM
"Quote This..."
F@H

Good tip! Thanks
Old December 17, 2008, 10:11 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Just never get an ambulance, police, or firetruck near there because they often go careening into everything and can knock your cars out of your parking spot. And make sure to keep them out of the way of traffic.
Old December 17, 2008, 10:48 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacJunky View Post
*San Andreas
As has been stated before you cannot upgrade/buy cars or houses.
You can kill Playboy X and get his house though. (as well as GTA III clothes)
So Playboy's X house is the only house in game you can get? Are there any safehouse that have garage's to store cars? Or do all of them only have parking spaces out front of the safehouses?
Old December 18, 2008, 02:07 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Only spaces out in front. And you have to kill PlayboyX when given the option to kill him or Dwayne to get his house. If you spare Dwayne he can send some thugs or w/e with you or something, I have never used it even though I suppose I should sometime. If you kill playboyx you do not get his house and do not get dwayne's thugs but you do get some money IIRC.
You are overall better off killing PlayboyX for that extra safehouse. (it has a massive TV as well!)

Just play through the game and find out how many safehouses you can have.