Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 9, 2008, 02:19 AM
MVP

Now when ever I press the ESC key in game, I get a Resc10 error and crash to the desktop. Anyone else ever get that error?
Old December 10, 2008, 09:18 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Just when I thought I got the game locked down I'm getting random crashes. If I ever use the map to select my destination so I get the gps trip marker up my game crashes. Also Games for Windows Live is disconnecting at the worst possible times and won't save. This game seriously needs a patch and I think without a shadow of a doubt the most problematic game I've played this year. Catalyst 8.12 should be out today, boubt it'll help much. Still having fun with the game though but I'm bewildered by the lack of little things to do in the game like previous ones. The only small collection type things to do I've found is to kill pigeons. I'm getting tons of cash now but the problem is I have nothing to spend it on. No properties to buy, no business, no exotic cars. what the heck are you supposed to do with money in this game?
Old December 10, 2008, 06:45 PM
Hall Of Fame

Where are you guys at?..Im about to finish the chapter 2..
Old December 10, 2008, 10:02 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwaysrun View Post
no exotic cars.
Once you reach the first safehouse on the largest middle island there is a Grotti or w/e car dealer just around the corner to the right and a bit from when tou exit the safehouse. Drop by there and drive a Turismo through the window if you want an exotic car.
Also, it is locked at night so you will need to break the window from the outside with another car to enter in the first place. ;)
Old December 12, 2008, 01:11 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Wow! Now I'm floating in money after getting paid $250,000 for the bank job with Packie. Guess that was the end of chapter 2 and that mission took me 3 attempts. It's a long mission with lotsa cops and I failed it a few times until I took advantage of Dwayne's special ability where you can call him and he send you 2 thugs to help out. They really did help except they didn't follow me far, but still they wasted about 10 cops which made my getaway that much easier. I spent alot of time getting my freinds happy so I could take advantage of their specials but unfortunately I have no bonuses from dates yet. I think I'll work on that sohohoe girl who when called replentishes your health..or maybe the Lawchick who removes up to 2 stars wanted. Hrmm.. I tried going around and killing pigeons but man there 200 of those little suckers and they are sometimes impossible to see, maybe I'll have to grab a chopper to get them all.

Still I'd love to know what I need all this cash for! I've got $400k now and absolutely nothing to buy with it. What are you ppl buying with all your loot???

Ohh and whats everyones favorite car? Mines the Comet (Porsche I think), turns on a dime and FAST, but not to sturdy.
Old December 12, 2008, 02:03 PM
Hall Of Fame

American Muscle cars :)
Old December 12, 2008, 02:41 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
What are you ppl buying with all your loot???
Guns and ammo, that is all there is really.
Quote:
Ohh and whats everyones favorite car?
Vigero for most things, Turismo if I need to do stunt jumps or am doing something with lots of head-on collisions and Vincent if I am not near either of the first two.
Sometimes just cruising in a Peyote or Voodoo is fun but it does not happen all that often.
Old December 13, 2008, 05:56 PM
Allstar

1920x1200 on Medium w/ a HD 4870 512 MB @ 780/4560 MHz, Core 2 Duo @ 3.87 GHz, and 8 GB of DDR2 @ 860 MHz ...

So lame ... So very lame ...

I can barely bring myself to play it as I just feel disgusted every time I do ...

I would REALLY hate to see how poorly a "Recommended" spec machine runs this thing ...
Old December 13, 2008, 07:34 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
1920x1200 on Medium w/ a HD 4870 512 MB @ 780/4560 MHz, Core 2 Duo @ 3.87 GHz, and 8 GB of DDR2 @ 860 MHz ...

So lame ... So very lame ...

I can barely bring myself to play it as I just feel disgusted every time I do ...

I would REALLY hate to see how poorly a "Recommended" spec machine runs this thing ...
You have other issues because I play at nearly the identical specs with no problems, maybe the occasional and not very often stutter, but very playable.
Old December 14, 2008, 06:31 PM
Allstar

get some nice threads, stock up on weapons, use pay'n'spray several times and fully upgrade then residential park your car.