Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 6, 2008, 10:22 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Yeah I know. but I'm a minimalist remember and I have absolutely everything shut down. No Vent, ICQ, MSN, firefox, ect, ect, ect. Just my sound, network status and GPU2 is open. Checked my processes and nothing is running that shouldn't be, I even disabled virus scanners pre windows so my resources are as max as they'll ever get. I'll try again after I regclean and defrag without the GPU2 folding on but it's always pretty much stopped as it's priority is like zero and just halts when anything else wants to use 3-d. But I'll take your advice nonetheless. BTW when the game plays it plays like a dream, smooth as silk and although I won't go so far as to say it looks beautiful it looks as intended. Thankfully I didn't have any problem with GFW or R* Social Club. Kinda sad hearing people who bought this on Steam and those poor ppl have 3 gateways b4 they even get into the game. It's when DRM on roids meets a bad port. And yes I'm declaring this a PORT so don't argue because I'm right and thats all there is to it, discussion over...LOL!

"Easter Island called, they want their head back." <--Classic!
I gotta watch that K-1 that announcer sounds like a riot!
Old December 6, 2008, 10:37 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Seems to run fine for me, though I can't put the textures on anything higher than Medium which I assume is due to the fact I only have 512MB of video RAM. Haven't had any crashes yet at least.

Here's my benchmark results and settings (PC specs in sig):
Old December 7, 2008, 03:22 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I got it working great now. I completely uninstalled it, .net, C++, and social club. Scrubbed my registry clean and defraged. Uninstalled my catalyst drivers and CCC and then reinstalled them just with the drivers and not CCC. When I reinstalled the game I had just the bare bones running without anti virus or anything else in the background. Works great now, no crashing, freezing and it plays without flaw. Ohh and I don't have my video card OC'd anymore and that seemed to help a bit. I played for 3hrs straight and had a blast, ohh and I took my CPU overclock down a tad to 3.7ghz (I'll crank that up again later but right now I don't want to mess with what works).

I have pretty much the same settings as jdrom17 has above except my draw distance is 25 and the Densities are at about 35 and I'm getting a solid 36 fps. Game is a hoot! I'm waiting till I get more familiar with the controls and then I'll hop into the multiplayer. I still think this games got way to many hoops to jump through to get working but all in all it was worth the hassles to play.

What are you guys doing for money? I'm 9.5% complete and only have $1200. I don't have many weapons either and don't know where to buy some more. So far I have the combat shotgun, pistol and a bat.
Old December 7, 2008, 05:46 PM
"Quote This..."
F@H

Do all the side quests. You can phone Dmitri, LJ, roman and Manny for work, it pays well.
Old December 7, 2008, 06:06 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well got the game for PS3 but now am buying it for PC seeing as multi-player is now up to 32 people which would be awesome!

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old December 7, 2008, 06:20 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeetard View Post
Do all the side quests. You can phone Dmitri, LJ, roman and Manny for work, it pays well.
If you have the patience then take out people with a knife or bat along the road in front of your first safehouse and just run in and save when the cops start chasing you.

Probably be better off just doing the missions until you get to rob that bank. :P

GTA IV needed chop shops imo, I suppose then it might be too easy to get money but you could just keep the value of the cars low and strictly punish for damage to the cars you brought back. IIRC all you use money for is guns, bribing the police and medical bills. No house buying, car buying/upgrading, fake IDs or anything like that.

And remember, when you unlock the final island there is a helicopter in the backyard of one of the large houses near the top in the rich part of town. It is good for joyriding.. and landing in people's pools for fun! ^.^
http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/3721/10030132er2.jpg
I think Niko is going to need some asprin. :P
Don't drink and fly.

Last edited by MacJunky; December 7, 2008 at 06:52 PM.
Old December 7, 2008, 08:00 PM
Hall Of Fame

Could I run the game on 1280x1024 and medium-high settings if I will buy a 9800GT ?..
Old December 7, 2008, 10:10 PM
"Quote This..."
F@H

I'm pretty sure you could.

Edit: What a freaking blast this game is.
Old December 8, 2008, 08:43 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Not playing this game till the patch it. Can't even run it max settings on my kind of rig and it doesn't look THAT great so should run about as smooth as COD4. Plus I got a crash about 15 minutes into the game. For now I will just stick to Fallout 3 that I just bought. Amazing game.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old December 8, 2008, 09:41 PM
MVP

LOL first time I tried to play it, my game got sluggish and froze and then crashed during the intro movie. I have a GTX 280 OC, q6600 and 4gigs of memory. *sigh* I should be able to play this without problems, no?