Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 6, 2008, 06:53 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Well I didn't pay that much for my e8400 but I take it many here have something personal vested into the whole Quad Vs. Dual debate which I never took sides in so I'll just keep out of it. But my exaggeration aside Sqeetard your preaching to the choir, I agree.

Anywho... Squee.... I just finished installing and signing up for all this crap and updating, this game has got to be the most labor intensive install I've ever come across. Jump on vent lets rock!
Old December 6, 2008, 07:46 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Game seems to be playing ok but all this logging in and crap is well...lame. What if my inet goes down? No GTA4 single player, damn that sucks. I ran the games benchmark at default display settings 1680x1050 and it only used 64% of my CPU resources and I got 27.4 fps. Not to bad I guess for my budget machine. Only thing is the game froze right after I had looked at the bench specs and said "Game failed to load, check hard drive" Check the hard drive wth? it's still there you stupid thing lol.
Old December 6, 2008, 07:52 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwaysrun View Post
Game seems to be playing ok but all this logging in and crap is well...lame. What if my inet goes down? No GTA4 single player, damn that sucks. I ran the games benchmark at default display settings 1680x1050 and it only used 64% of my CPU resources and I got 27.4 fps. Not to bad I guess for my budget machine. Only thing is the game froze right after I had looked at the bench specs and said "Game failed to load, check hard drive" Check the hard drive wth? it's still there you stupid thing lol.

From what I've been reading, GTA IV has had a shitton of problems since launch...
GTA IV PC a buggy mess, Steam customers ask for refunds
Old December 6, 2008, 07:58 PM
"Quote This..."
F@H

I'm watching K-1 grand prix 2008. Won't be on tonight. give me your impression of on-line.

Off topic. the Announcer for the K-1's fights is hilarious. Here are some of his analogys so far:

taken more hits than yahoo.com

ate more leather than the village people

more combos than a chinese take-out menu

that punch had less weight behind it than amy winehouse.

7'-2" Hong man Choi:
makes giraffes horny.
Easter island called they want their head back.
Old December 6, 2008, 08:19 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

ahh now I know what you were talking about earlier. Not UFC but K-1. awesome I'll have to watch that later. Back to GTA talk tho. Frigging thing has crashed on me 2 times already. grrr. I'm going to bottom out all my detail settings and see if it still crashes.

"ate more leather than the village people" LOL!!!
Old December 6, 2008, 08:26 PM
"Quote This..."
F@H

I haven't had one problem with this game. 3 days play on it.
Old December 6, 2008, 08:41 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I have had problems, but this is one hell of a fun game to play.
Old December 6, 2008, 09:00 PM
"Quote This..."
F@H

"Better defense than a turkish virgin".
Old December 6, 2008, 09:29 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

It seems to be crashing/freezing after about 15mins of playtime but I still have my folding GPU working in the background. I'm not to concerned as I read alot up on it's problems before I even bought it. It'll just take some time to hammer out all the minor bugs and I still have some room to adjust my display options. So far it's pretty fun but it sure looked alot better on my 52" LCD when my Nephew brought his PS3.

They sure made some good changes with the way the characters and vehicles move. I'm loving it, so much more realistic. They still need to work on the apparel tho, they look cheesy as they ever did and hang on my dude like a coat rack. I was on my way to my first date after buying some new duds when my jackass cousin called cuz he was getting a beat down at the park, melee combat is wicked. I love the extra attacks and duck/blocks whatever. I kicked some albanian skulls in haha. Then it just froze
Old December 6, 2008, 09:40 PM
"Quote This..."
F@H

Dude. shut down your folding and all other apps/services. I bet it runs smooth after that.