Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 3, 2008, 06:19 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian7 View Post
I am f*%^ing pissed.

Rockstar thought it would be a good idea to limit my hardware settings? HOW ABOUT YOU MAKE IT WORK?
GTA 4 has this stupid cap on graphical settings depending on your video memory. My crossfired 4870X2'2 come to a total of 4 gigs of video memory. GTA sees 1 and is limiting me to low to mid settings when at 1900X1200. The only known fix also seems to not work with the 4870 series. I can handle the DRM (I guess) but if I would have known about this "feature" I would have saved my $50 bucks. What right do they have to limit my system? This just doesn't make any sense to me.
I am not too impressed either, it won't even let me run 1920X1200......
Old December 3, 2008, 06:27 PM
Hall Of Fame

lol, b1lk1...I don't think it would run well on 1920x1200
Old December 3, 2008, 08:52 PM
Rookie

Got it yesterday, and working today.

Installed last night but would get error (GTA IV FATAL ERROR MMA10) after the first 2 loading screens, and then it crashed.

Sent some emails and with Windows Live logged in and Social Club disabled its working now.

Seems a lot have been having issues so I thought I would share this.
Old December 3, 2008, 09:04 PM
"Quote This..."
F@H

I had the same crash, found the same solution.

My gtx 260 lets me run at 1920x1080 with high textures and very high rendering. draw distance cranked. Hanging around 30fps but at least it lets me.
Old December 4, 2008, 07:28 PM
Hall Of Fame

First time when I'm saying the HELL WITH GTA!... ImageShack - Image Hosting :: gtamw3.jpg
Old December 5, 2008, 06:31 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I just have to chuckle. "We are aware that a small number of fans are having problems running GTA IV on their PCs and we would like to assure them we are working to help solve these as quickly as possible." That's what Rockstar has to say about all the problems. Perhaps they can't load their own forums because what they consider a small number of fans has blossomed into a tidal wave of disgruntled gamers. The laundry list of error codes users are receiving is truly staggering and the fact the game runs so poorly on top of the heap rigs makes me want to wait until they iron out some bugs before I purchase it. I'm suprized that after 4 years in production and 8 months after console release one of the most anticipated games for PC this year needs a patch straight out the gate... Strike that, I'm a PC gamer and really I shouldn't be so suprized.

Here's some links I found that may help with the myriad of problems users are having.

Grand Theft Auto series - Steam Users' Forums
GTAForums.com -> General PC Chat
Troubleshooting & Technology - GTAGaming Forums

My Nephew came to visit his favorite Uncle this summer with his new ps3 and GTA4, he bragged to no end how I had to wait 6 more months to play it. I just smiled and assured him I'd have it on PC running smoother and looking better than his cute lil ps3 by Dec and then he could come back over X-mas and see truly great graphics and better controls. I'm sorta hoping he doesn't visit for X-mas now as I have yet to see one screenshot of GTA4 on PC that looks anywhere as good as it did on the ps3.

Well Rockstar must be really happy with thier success in the area of copy protection, GTA IV PC has yet to be cracked by any major scene release group. Combining SecureRom, Windows Live, and a yet to be named random "calling home authentication" they have really put the pinch on the pirates. But as ussual the inconvenience to the pirates has become a major hassle for those who legitimately purchase their games.

I'm just going to be patient and hopefully the game will get a fix. So hurry up Rockstar!
Old December 5, 2008, 10:30 AM
Rookie

Hi there guys i always loved the GTA series but at looking at the HUGE mess that Rockstar has made whit this game (GTA 4) make me wonder why did we do to earn that piece of crap.

Really i was welling to spend my 50 bucks on this game but whit all this bad feedback that this game is receving you should think twice before offering this game at christmas.

Oh well i hope that they make a big patch to fix everything (i hope).

Just my 2 cents.
Old December 5, 2008, 11:30 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H

i've had zero issues with the game. A dozen hours into it. Textures high, rendering very high. 1920x1080.

And really enjoying it too. Tried vice City and San Andreas, put a few hours into each and lost interest. This one is better.

Last edited by Squeetard; December 5, 2008 at 11:51 AM.
Old December 5, 2008, 11:44 AM
Hall Of Fame

I need another video card ..800x600 grrr
Old December 5, 2008, 12:28 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Damn and I thought I'd played them all.