Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 21, 2008, 09:21 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default HWC COD4/Ventrilo Server is Live!

The servers are live, I'm still working on the configuration of the game server so it'll restart frequently over the next few days and also may or may not appear in the in game list until finalized. The rulesets are pretty much stock right now till I get everything edited in the config. Please bare with me over the weekend while I sort everything out. I work lots so it may not happen lightning quick!

The nice thing is; at the click of a button I can change the server to COD:WAW if we wish.

HWC forum mods; if you would like to have admin rights on either of these two servers please contact me via PM's and I would be more than glad to set you up.

Here is the info:

COD4 Server

208.167.232.184:28960

Ventrilo

Guest Login:
vent15.gameservers.com
Port: 4202
Password: flattail

HWC Member Login:

vent15.gameservers.com
Port: 4202
PM me with name/password.

Naming Policy:

Option A) Forum Name eg: "encorp"

Option B) Chosen name + Forum Name[chosen name] - [forum name] eg: mine would be "Cam - encorp" or sswilson's for example could be "fartymcfart - sswilson".

Please be patient with the channels etc. The server is currently pretty open to guests while I work on everything and get the members area finished etc.
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.

Last edited by encorp; December 1, 2008 at 09:11 PM.
Old November 21, 2008, 10:01 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I would say set up the members with accts and leave 1 channel open for guests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old November 21, 2008, 10:03 PM
Top Prospect

:( logged out of one vent to go set this up and there's no info

No input on managing
Old November 21, 2008, 10:09 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Haha yeah I just wanted to give it a day while I got some responses. You can contact me for info until then.
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old November 21, 2008, 11:49 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Just another reason why I should run out and buy COD4 for myself sooner. Can't wait to be able to access the Ventrilo server!
Old November 22, 2008, 04:11 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Lots of PM's I'm responding to them now and throughout the weekend. :) Sorry if I don't get to you right away; hehe I'm supposed to be working lol
Old November 22, 2008, 04:15 AM
MVP
F@H

:help:Total newb to online gaming here as are a few others that originally indicated interest in this.

Would it be too much to ask someone to make a post describing exactly how one would hook up to this once you have it up and running completely? I need more info than a server number, let me stress - total newb talk slow, no big words and no shouting.

I really want to try this and would rather get owned by you guys than very rude 11 year olds.
Old November 22, 2008, 04:23 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I stay up late enough, now I will be playing COD4 into the wee hours of morning instead of being here. Is there someway I can attribute my activity on the server to my contribution here at HWC, its just thought
Old November 22, 2008, 10:04 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Okay, everyone who pm'd me is set up or replied to. Let's get some more people on here, I've been busy this week but I'll be around tomorrow playing COD!
Old November 23, 2008, 09:59 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Any chance of switching it to TDM?

I added it to my favourites but it was showing as FFA.