Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 25, 2008, 05:33 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfBane View Post
CTD for me i can play for like 5 mins then CTD ??????

Not running any virus scanner, killed the xonar dx program as well !
but it CTD and gives me an engine .dll problem
It crashes to the desktop because it doesn't like you. Well try to reinstall and also try to have the latest drivers, DX9, and what ever game related up to date.

At enaberif the zombies are not the slow zombies but the fast ones like in the movie 28 days later. Plus they are stronger then humans (can tare a hole in a steel door). Then there are different types of zombies. There are the regular 1-2 hits dead zombies, then there are "smokers" who have a very long tung and spit out his tung from far away and wraps it around you and then drags you closer to him. When/if you kill him he explodes in smoke.

Then there are "boomers" that are basically fat slow zombies that explode when you shoot them. But if one gets too close to you and pukes on you or explodes on you from killing it too close to you the zombie horde and any other zombie in the area will come running at you while your are almost blind. Basically if you don't have back-up your screwed.

Then there are "hunters" They are decently smart, very fast, and can jump long distances. When a huneter jumps on you he starts taring you arpat and there is little you can do and you have to rely on a friend to save you.

Then there are my favourite zombie the "witch". Basically you know when one is in the area because you will hear a girl crying. When you get too close or like me shoot a witch she will come running at you screaming and she is very deadly and can kill you VERY quickly if you are not too carful.

Then there are the hardest zombies of all. The "Tank". Yup there name pretty much describes them. They are much larger then humans, much much much stronger but are pretty dumb. It is so extremely hard to kill one let alone a few on expert. They have a very high amount of health and if you get cornered you are SOL. They will pound you to the ground. Or if you are far enough away they will through car sized boulders at you.

That pretty sums up the different types of zombies. What is pretty hard is when you have to fight one or more tanks and a zombie horde all at the same time. Zombie hordes are about 20-40 zombies. In a single map you can kill over 200 zombies yourself.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old November 25, 2008, 05:49 PM
Allstar
F@H

Ok got the game to run perfect:)
I disabled multicore and vsync and man what a fun game! pretty much just blasting Zombie Arse all over the place! i love the tank and the witchs !!!!!

I also loved the sewers as well :)
Those little cubby holes!!!!!!!!!!!
Old November 25, 2008, 07:54 PM
Allstar

Getting some weird hangups for some reason or other.
Old November 25, 2008, 08:45 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Getting some weird hangups for some reason or other.
What does that have to do with Left 4 Dead?

Had to, sorry.
Old November 26, 2008, 07:28 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I love the zombies in the hospital with their butts hanging out

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old November 26, 2008, 09:37 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

just wondering before i go out and buy it . does it seem like the multiplayer will last long or is it just a fad right now with something diff. and belgolas just for the record in 28 days later they weren't zombies they were just infected with rage hehehe
Old November 26, 2008, 11:16 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

Left 4 dead is an awesome game, except for the odd crash to desktop. Add me : "SlapSlap"
Antec P180
BFG GTX 260 Core 216
Corsair HX-620
Thermaltake Power Express 250W
Raptor150, WD 500gb. WD 300GB
X-Fi Extreme Music
Old November 26, 2008, 11:53 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by belgolas View Post
I love the zombies in the hospital with their butts hanging out
I lol'ed when I first saw that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmac79 View Post
just wondering before i go out and buy it . does it seem like the multiplayer will last long or is it just a fad right now with something diff. and belgolas just for the record in 28 days later they weren't zombies they were just infected with rage hehehe
I would say yes, the gameplay is well thought and laid out, its an addictive game. Also I believe the zombies in L4D are the same actually, in that they aren't actually the dead, but rather simply the "infected" (just like 28 Days Later and I Am Legend).

I'm having loads of fun with this came, I think we should organize some sort of a mini L4D HWC event!
Old November 26, 2008, 04:26 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Picked it up today...it is a blast, literally....had to disable "multi Core" ion order to avoid some strange freezing and hang-ups, other than that Full AA and Full AF with steady 125+ FPS, nice!!

Old November 26, 2008, 04:43 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
Picked it up today...it is a blast, literally....had to disable "multi Core" ion order to avoid some strange freezing and hang-ups, other than that Full AA and Full AF with steady 125+ FPS, nice!!
I would like to explain again while you may "see" 125fps your only actually getting 60fps due to limitations of a lcd monitor.

Tags
game , gaming