Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 12, 2008, 10:06 PM
Allstar
F@H

Default The crysis series

Hey guys.
What do you think is better. Crysis or Crysis Warhead?
Old November 12, 2008, 10:36 PM
Banned
F@H

Warhead is very short...it really should have been part of the original.

Both are very demanding of ANY pc, so really, I'd say neither, at least until a new generation of vgas comes out, and they release a pack with both titles together, for dirt cheap...
Old November 12, 2008, 10:42 PM
Hall Of Fame

Depends on what you're looking for in an FPS. Warhead definitely upped the action-ante, but the original was a little more cerebral in approach (if you wanted to play it that way). Both are extremely demanding on hardware, although the reasons for that vary according to which couch-programmer you're talking to. On the other hand, I'd seriously argue that the sheer quality of in-game graphics (ignoring playability concerns) have yet to be beaten, even by more recent releases.
Old November 12, 2008, 11:26 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by MpG View Post
Depends on what you're looking for in an FPS. Warhead definitely upped the action-ante, but the original was a little more cerebral in approach (if you wanted to play it that way). Both are extremely demanding on hardware, although the reasons for that vary according to which couch-programmer you're talking to. On the other hand, I'd seriously argue that the sheer quality of in-game graphics (ignoring playability concerns) have yet to be beaten, even by more recent releases.
Agreed with this, frankly I loved both, but it depends on your tastes, Warhead was WAYYYYYY more action packed, you almost never slowed down in that one. Crysis on the otherhand was more, you can take it slow, go guns blazing, etc, but even if you went guns blazing there were some nice down "relax" "explore" periods.

Depends on your tastes, both very good, I personally liked Crysis a bit more because to got to take in the sights, explore, etc a bit more.
Old November 13, 2008, 05:28 AM
Allstar
F@H

Crysis! Warhead is crysis on speed! I finished it, and only took two or three breaths, and lost 15 pounds.
Old November 13, 2008, 06:42 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

The thing that turned me off about the original was the flying mission(s). Trying to control that damn plane was like trying to drive a car with your knees and completely ruined the experience of the whole game.
Old November 13, 2008, 07:28 AM
Top Prospect

^^sorta like those GTA missions where you have to fly rc controlled helicopter?
Old November 13, 2008, 08:39 AM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
The thing that turned me off about the original was the flying mission(s). Trying to control that damn plane was like trying to drive a car with your knees and completely ruined the experience of the whole game.
HUH? Flying? I don't remember flying...I remember being weightless in the mountain...
Old November 13, 2008, 08:43 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFG34 View Post
^^sorta like those GTA missions where you have to fly rc controlled helicopter?
Call me an old fuddy duddy but I can't stand GTA.

On the other hand I actually enjoyed the first Crysis to a point but I promptly found Bioshock taking up what little playing time I have. I enjoy unique games and while Crysis was good in its own way, Warhead is far too short for my liking.
Old November 13, 2008, 08:45 AM
Allstar
F@H

Remember the VTOL through the tornado thing... and someone saying to stop playing if your going to yell at the computer.