Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 11, 2008, 01:07 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
Fair enough...he said he already HAD the Card and wanted to know how it compared..not whether he should buy one or the other...
Its pointless to try n convince me that any 9 Series (other than 9800 GX2) is a faster Card than the other..
Hmmm...gee thx... and i spent all that time looking those up...for nothing.

Edit: It gave me something to do.
Old November 11, 2008, 01:11 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

No not a waste, I "breezed" through them...interesting though with the 9800 GTX+.....less Memory and slower Bandwidth than 8800 GTX, yet it does very well...I figure this would be a good SLI set-up for someone on a bit of a budget...

Old November 11, 2008, 01:20 PM
Allstar

I'm on a hard core budget now that I have these parts to get lol so the 2 8800GTX's will have to do me for awhile till a miracle happens & a couple 260's fall out of the sky in my lap lol.
Old November 11, 2008, 01:51 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Sniper, those cards are still really good mid-range cards. Like I said, Geforce 9 was pretty much a rebrand of the 8 series, with some little improvements of the architecture, namely the die shrink and more SP. Thee 9800GTX is a slightly faster 8800GTS(65 nm), which shows in all those reviews that even the 8800GTX/Ultra can still post some very similar results to each other, and even sometimes the 8800GTX can still perform better. It wasn't until the GTX+ (the 55nm die shrink of the original 9800) that we some some better improvements, due to better temperatures and speeds.

So save your self some money, buy a fan or two and place them near your SLI 8800s.
Old November 11, 2008, 01:56 PM
Allstar

I have EK water blocks for both ready & waiting on other parts for the rest of my system.