Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 9, 2008, 07:26 PM
Allstar
F@H

Default Input guys

Hey guys,
I was curious about the hardwarecanucks society, and i would like to know u guys' thought and beliefs of torrenting and whether you think its rite or wrong.
thanks. cheers :)
Old November 9, 2008, 07:39 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I use torrents all the time, however the only things I download are things I can't usually find in a store. TV episodes are very useful too, especially when you miss a new episode of South Park :P. I usually don't keep them for long though, because I usually only watch them once or twice and then I delete it. I only download programs I can't afford. Also, some school programs only work at school, so I try and find a torrent to use them at home. Otherwise I'd never be home and would never have a home-cooked meal...

Torrents are very useful, for anyone. It's the people who sell the programs for their own profit that hurt the other users...

I pretty much use torrents for stuff I don't have access to at stores and online (for purchase).
Old November 9, 2008, 07:42 PM
Allstar
F@H

So do you think that downloading and pirating games is okay?
because that is what i do and i would like to know if that is okay.
Old November 9, 2008, 07:54 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Personally, pirating games is a big NO NO. This is why we see more and more games exclusive to consoles than PC. Games are much more affordable than professional software, so I suggest supporting what you use most. Besides, it not like there are that many big titles around...$250 in video games isn't much for premium titles in a year...
Old November 9, 2008, 08:43 PM
Allstar
F@H

kk, i guess il stop pirating. :(
Old November 9, 2008, 08:59 PM
"Quote This..."
F@H

I DL every game. If I like it I'll buy it no problems.
Sick of getting screwed over by the publishers who hype shit games and prop them on the shelves beside masterpieces for the same price, in a nicer box. Fool me twice, I don't think so.
I've never finished a game I didn't buy.
consoles are hacked and pirated too. People were playing F3 on the 360 a week before we were.
Old November 9, 2008, 09:17 PM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeetard View Post
I DL every game. If I like it I'll buy it no problems.
Sick of getting screwed over by the publishers who hype shit games and prop them on the shelves beside masterpieces for the same price, in a nicer box. Fool me twice, I don't think so.
I've never finished a game I didn't buy.
consoles are hacked and pirated too. People were playing F3 on the 360 a week before we were.
Pretty much the exact same opinion i have lol. All they talk about is piracy on the pc and how its ruining the industry, yet 360 piracy is the EASIEST thing to do. No drm, no cracks, no viruses, it just works. Not that microsoft cares, all the business they lose from pc gaming goes to the 360. Im thinking of getting a new console and id likely get a 360 just because of the ease to pirate, not to mention $200 for a next gen console which is pretty awesome. The same thing will apply to that though, if its a game i actually LIKE thats interesting and ill actually play more than 2-3 hours and beat it then play online ill buy it. I dont feel like basically paying $20-$30 an hour for a game.
Mobo: ASUS M3A79-T Deluxe
Memory: 4gb OCZ Platinum 1000mhz ddr2
Graphics: 2x Sapphire 4830s in Crossfire
Keyboard: Logitech G11
Mouse: Logitech G9
HD:WD 640gb Caviar Black + 750gb Seagate
#hardwarecanucks on irc.enterthegame.com