Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 3, 2008, 09:21 AM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Default Vampire: Masquerade Bloodlines Not Working.

So I randomly decide to buy the $9.99 steam game Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodines. Which, from my understanding, was based off a version of the source engine (and all sources games work for me). So I buy it, download it, double-click it and Wham! I start getting errors about having less than 15mb of RAM installed. After googling the problem (which I admittedly should've done BEFORE buying the game) it seems it doesn't like to work too well with XP64 and over 4Gigs of RAM. So I've tried the various google solutions, made sure the game was updated by steam, installed the latest unoffical patch, etc etc - yet still it doesnt work.

My question to everyone is, does anyone know of a way to actually make it work? Or should I be contacting Steam with a very angry voice asking them why there were no warnings about the game's incompatiblity with XP64. Suggestions?
Old November 3, 2008, 09:28 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H

Try popping out 1 stick and see if it plays.

VTM was released before HL2 and has the oldest source engine around. And it was never updated.
Old November 3, 2008, 09:36 AM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Never updated you say..... think I'll be calling Steam and
Old November 4, 2008, 04:11 PM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Anyone? time to call steam?
Old November 5, 2008, 09:18 AM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMetaphor View Post
My question to everyone is, does anyone know of a way to actually make it work? Or should I be contacting Steam with a very angry voice asking them why there were no warnings about the game's incompatiblity with XP64. Suggestions?
Yes you should... but is the trouble of calling steam worth 9.99... probably not, but good luck!

I played the game quite a while ago and its a good buy for 9.99! Didn't have any troubles, but I played it on XP 32 bit.

ps. did you try taking out ram so you have 2 gigs or less?