Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 30, 2008, 12:07 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Default Half-Life Decay

If like me you are a Half-Life nut, you probably played the PS2 port of the original game. Along with that port was a Co-op game based in the same Half-Life universe called Decay. Decay was made by Gearbox, same folks who did Blue Shift and Opposing Force. It was pretty cool as you and a friend played through new and familiar areas of Black Mesa as two female scientists.

Decay is now here for the PC as a HL Mod with updated models and the same great Co-op gameplay. I know all the new games are hitting the market right now, but in a few months this might appeal to you. If you like co-op, you and a buddy should download Decay (for FREE - woot!) and get to it!

Enjoy :)

Half-Life: Decay

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old October 30, 2008, 02:48 PM
Allstar

Umm yea. I was a half life nut once. But, im not nutty enough to play it on a play station:P
Old October 30, 2008, 05:14 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I played it on the PS2 but now I don't have time to play old games cause of all these new games and in a few months time (98 days) a big game comes out for me that will keep me busy for probably the rest of 2009 called ETW.

Although I may go through HL1 single player again.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old October 30, 2008, 10:08 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazer-[X] View Post
Umm yea. I was a half life nut once. But, im not nutty enough to play it on a play station:P
It wasn't bad. I did play it first on PC, numerous times. So when it came to PS2 I thought why not? Some of the models and graphics were updated a bit, and it was different on a console. Granted FPS is always better on PC but as I said, I am a HL nut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by belgolas View Post
I played it on the PS2 but now I don't have time to play old games cause of all these new games and in a few months time (98 days) a big game comes out for me that will keep me busy for probably the rest of 2009 called ETW.

Although I may go through HL1 single player again.

Have you played Half-Life Source? Slightly updated graphics and better physics. HL1 re-engineered with the source engine. Also... when is Black Mesa Source going to be released?!? *googles*

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE