Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 3, 2008, 01:20 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Ok I have the setup I want at last. I found this kick ass power armor called "Prototype Medic Power Armor", it shouts aloud when your critically hit and need to repair your limbs but it does it automatically for you and it also alerts you to enemies in your general area with cool alerts like "light em up", "time to rock and roll", "stay vigulant". Very helpful indeed as my perception is rather low at about 40 but the armor lets me know when there are enemies afoot way before they light up on my threat display.

I retired A3-21's Plasma rifle although it's one of the best weapons in the game it's unique and a pain in the ass to get repaired so I did alot of leg work and got the schematics for the "Railway rifle" OMG now I'm having fun stapling enemies to everything in the environment. This thing can shoot a railroad spike from 100 feet into solid concrete, brick, rusted cars and pretty much anything and take the enemies for a ride on the way. Its pretty funny watching the rag doll physics jumble the bodies up while they get stuck to the walls (sorta like in Fear). I desperately need to go on a scavenger hunt for rail spikes soon as I eat through them pretty fast.

I'm going to finish it up tomorrow night, a good game but replay value is zero for me really. Way way to much inventory, repairing, boring scripts to sit through again. I should be about 60% compete when I end the game and about 40hrs playtime so thats spot on for my $50. I think some of these reviewers giving Fallout 3 a perfect 10 and whatnot is a little overkill and I agree it's a good game but personally I had more fun playing Far Cry 2.
Old November 3, 2008, 01:56 AM
Hall Of Fame

BAH, first a bug involving the robots in big town (there just arent there...) and now a bug with Lincoln's quest which means I must redo a lot of the recent game...

I've fixed the crashes but hit 2 major flaws/bugs which are so blatant I do not know why they are in the game

Far Cry 2 wasnt a very good game, first 30minutes to an hour where good then the rest was just boring...
Old November 3, 2008, 05:22 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Finished it. OMG what a poor ending. bleh... uninstall, sell this POS lol. If this game gets GOTY I'm going to hang up my mouse. I had that frick'n big mutant buddy of mine there at the end and he is well.. Those who have finished the game will know what I'm driving at here so I won't spoil the end of those playing but there are so many plot holes throughout this game it's just sad. I never did feel the ambiance or dark mood of this games setting and that fact alone makes me pretty negative towards the entire experience. The start was boring and slow, it built up to have some promise in the middle and then the end just well... sucked. I'm glad I didn't have technical issues running this and it played on Ultra high settings flawlessly throughout. If it had been a bugfest I dunno how much lower my opinion of it could be right now. Ussualy RPG makers weave the side quests into the main questline to leangthen the overall experience but every single quest seemed to be it's own small poorly written story and didn't help the overall main story at all. I don't doubt that this game could be completed just doing the main quest in about 8 hours and thats pretty sad.
Old November 8, 2008, 04:32 AM
MVP

This game has moments that scare the shit out of me, like the ghouls. I frickin hate zombies man. I'm 32 and a zombie jumping out of no where in a tunnel scares the crap out me lol.

muse108dc, are you referring the Lincoln's quest by the Temple of the Union? If the bug is the part where you have to wait for hannibal to meet you at the memorial, I know what you're talking about. I found out that you have to wait a few hours for hannibal and his men to arrive. What I did was I cleared the memorial site of enemies, talk to hannibal, waited for them to leave their place towards the memorial, fast travel to the closest metro station and slept in one of the beds at the memorial for 6hrs. When I woke up I could see hannibal and his crew at the metro station waiting. I've read also that sometimes it takes him like two days ingame to arrive lol.

I'm almost done all the side missions and bobbleheads. Only disappointment is travelling. Its too bad there are no mounts like in oblivion. Wish I would have blown up megaton lol. Tenpenny towers is nicer. Too bad there is only one way to get a suite there. Sucks being the good guy at times.
Old November 8, 2008, 08:57 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H

without spoiling things too much, where are you likely to find bobbleheads, I'm well into the game, covered most of the map and have found 1.
Old November 8, 2008, 09:38 AM
Allstar
F@H

ive found one in the simms house in megaton, one in the slavers place, and i have 2 others but cant remember where i found them
Mobo: ASUS M3A79-T Deluxe
Memory: 4gb OCZ Platinum 1000mhz ddr2
Graphics: 2x Sapphire 4830s in Crossfire
Keyboard: Logitech G11
Mouse: Logitech G9
HD:WD 640gb Caviar Black + 750gb Seagate
#hardwarecanucks on irc.enterthegame.com
Old November 8, 2008, 10:44 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

I have a lot of them, some are really hard to find and some require you to lose or gain karma to get. The intellect one is in Dr li's office right on her table to the right, it's not hard to miss. There's the one in Simms house of course etc.

Anyone find any of the good secret guns?

I've only got Lincoln's Repeater and Ol'Painless so far
Old November 8, 2008, 10:58 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H

I just read a thread about the Gattling laser, supposed to be kick ass. You can get a top one named 'Vengance' or keep checking the dead soldiers outside the brotherhood compound.
Old November 8, 2008, 11:12 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeetard View Post
I just read a thread about the Gattling laser, supposed to be kick ass. You can get a top one named 'Vengance' or keep checking the dead soldiers outside the brotherhood compound.

Yeah the Gatling laser is really cool I've read.

Although I use rifles, I've set my guy up with the right combo of perks so I can one shot anything in the head from just about any range. I use hunting rifles for regular shit and Lincoln's for tough situations where i need a guaranteed kill.
Old November 8, 2008, 12:43 PM
MVP

I'm not sure if this classifies as spoilers.

Lists the bobblehead locations: Vault Boy Bobblehead - The Vault - a Fallout wiki

Lists all the quests in the game: Fallout 3 quests - The Vault - a Fallout wiki

Lists all the weapons and their locations: Fallout 3 weapons - The Vault - a Fallout wiki

encorp,

What combos do you have set up for the head shots? That would come in handy for sure. I'd rather head shot something from a distance, than close combat like i've been doing.