Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 25, 2008, 02:02 PM
Rookie

Default Far Cry Multiplayer any good?

Thoughts about it? comparisons?

I'm playing cod4 and tf2 but I still have a need for larger maps and vehicles like bf2, I might even re-install bf2 I cant find any good team based environment fps games its like they all died.
Old October 25, 2008, 05:09 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

They haven't died - it's the PC industry that is dying unfortunately - a lot of people moved to consoles. :)
Old October 25, 2008, 06:37 PM
Top Prospect

I dont agree with you DarKStar. People who do research on games and stuff like you might've done on some graphic card or something. It inspires us to build our own gaming computer. With all the fancy watercooling and stuff. Thats true people have modved on to consoles. but some do not like em and are coming back to pc.
Old October 25, 2008, 08:43 PM
Rookie

so like hows is far cry multiplayer?

don't make me install americas army
Old October 25, 2008, 09:11 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarKStar View Post
They haven't died - it's the PC industry that is dying unfortunately - a lot of people moved to consoles. :)
PC industry hasn't died. In fact it is GROWING

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old October 25, 2008, 09:47 PM
Top Prospect

FarCry2 Multiplayer is very good, but needs some adjustments. The #1 thing that I don't like is the fact that there are far to few spawn points for the deathmatch games (no one is on your team), so you'll have people spawning behind you. One time I played a game and 4 people spawned with me immediatly, all of which were enemies (I had no team mates), which I found to be very annoying.
The maps are quite large, so there is no reason for this and I expect this issue to be resolved.
One last thing that I'd like to point out, the vehicules in FarCry multiplayers are VERY limited. You have a sand buggy, a car, a jeep (this is the only vehicule with a mounted weapon) and a SUV.
James
Old October 26, 2008, 09:15 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H

And a paraglider and boat with mounted .50 cal.
Old October 26, 2008, 10:05 AM
Rookie

is it limited to 16 players?

Most reviews i read are about single player but I usually get into multiplayer parts as well.
Old October 26, 2008, 11:09 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakyflow View Post
so like hows is far cry multiplayer?

don't make me install americas army
LOL - Actually I'd settle for Americas Army - Far Cry 2 is driving me nuts and giving me a damn headache - I've never traveled so much in a game before - I could swear on one of the missions I drove 30 minutes straight from one area to the map to another avoiding rock formations running zebras and getting rammed by the enemies I can't WAIT to finish this game - Anybody use the level editor yet ? I have a feeling you will see a lot of mods for this game :D
Old October 27, 2008, 07:18 AM
Top Prospect

The bus system is your friend in this game. I also just found out you can repair a damaged vehicle by going to the engine (after hours of having to ditch vehicles )

I haven't heard much about the multiplayer and what I have heard is not good. Apparently the server search/interface is really poor. The actuall game play though I don't know about, I think the SP is so long, people are still playing through it, no time for MP.