Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 23, 2008, 08:23 PM
Allstar
F@H

Default Far Cry 2 Urgent Help Plz

Hey guys,
I cant join any multiplayer games, even the ones in the "waiting" status.....
Gives me an error:
Cannot Join the match at this time, please try again later....

im guessing something to do with port forwarding? but what ports do i forward and under wat application? Also, i have windows firewall allowed to pass it through, and i tried turning my AV off
Mobo: Asus P6T Deluxe | CPU: i7 940 | Ram: 3x2 GB | HSF: CM V8 | GPU: HD 6950 | PSU: PCP&C 750W | ]HDD: WD 500gb x3, 120GB Vertex 2 | Case: Antec 1200 | Monitor: 3x Asus VE247H | OS: Win7 Ultimate x64
My Trading Rep:
HWC
OCN
Heat
Ebay

Old October 25, 2008, 06:48 PM
Top Prospect

The game was released on October 24th. Meaning you probably have that leaked version. The online play didnt work back then because they didn't start the dedicated servers up. You might need to try cracked servers if u have the leaked version/ripped/full-rip/illegal or w.e Pirated lol =D
Old October 25, 2008, 07:03 PM
"Quote This..."
F@H

He does not have the cracked version. he wouldn't get that far. There are many people complaining about this.
Old October 25, 2008, 07:34 PM
Allstar
F@H

I bought it from Direct2Drive.com, and for D2D, Ubishop, and Steam, the game was released on Oct 22nd, @ 10am PDT.
Mobo: Asus P6T Deluxe | CPU: i7 940 | Ram: 3x2 GB | HSF: CM V8 | GPU: HD 6950 | PSU: PCP&C 750W | ]HDD: WD 500gb x3, 120GB Vertex 2 | Case: Antec 1200 | Monitor: 3x Asus VE247H | OS: Win7 Ultimate x64
My Trading Rep:
HWC
OCN
Heat
Ebay

Old October 26, 2008, 05:18 AM
Allstar

To check and see if your ports are blocked you can just hook directly into your modem bypassing your router or if your router supports DMZ zone set it to that as it doesn't block any ports. If either of these situations work then you will need to find out what ports Far Cry needs opened and set them up in your router. Also here is a great site that will tell you if your router is being stealthy or just opened up for world to see.
https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2

Ps: you can input any port number into this or port range of up to 64 ant a time to see if the specified ports are blocked or stealth or wide open.
Silverstone Strider 1kw modular
4870x2
Ocz Vendetta 2
Top deck Tech Station
Samsung dvd

Last edited by cdn_Madrach; October 26, 2008 at 05:32 AM.
Old October 26, 2008, 08:35 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

And dont try atl-tab while playing or you'll have to modify a file to get it back to full screen :)

Sold hardware again.....
Currently using WHS hardware....
Old October 26, 2008, 08:38 AM
Hall Of Fame

You don't need to port forward ANYTHING when playing games.

It should JUST work.

And if you have a router.. turn off the firewall ALL together its not needed.
Old October 26, 2008, 08:49 AM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdn_Madrach View Post
To check and see if your ports are blocked you can just hook directly into your modem bypassing your router or if your router supports DMZ zone set it to that as it doesn't block any ports. If either of these situations work then you will need to find out what ports Far Cry needs opened and set them up in your router. Also here is a great site that will tell you if your router is being stealthy or just opened up for world to see.
https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2

Ps: you can input any port number into this or port range of up to 64 ant a time to see if the specified ports are blocked or stealth or wide open.
Thanks for that site i have always wanted to find a site like that, and yes, the ports are open. I already tried turning on DMZ, and connecting straight to my modem, but it does not work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matsta31 View Post
And dont try atl-tab while playing or you'll have to modify a file to get it back to full screen :)
Wierd, that does not happen to me. (Vista Ultimate X64). That happened to me in Assassins Creed though, all you have to do is hit Alt+Enter, and it will go back to full screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
You don't need to port forward ANYTHING when playing games.

It should JUST work.

And if you have a router.. turn off the firewall ALL together its not needed.
It SHOULD Work, if the game is working properly..... The retards at ubisoft kept telling me there was something wrong on my end....He was like "theres tons of people playing right now, which means the game is working fine, its something wrong with your computer. I told him he needs to search google, and see the 5 trillion messages of people not being able to connect.
My Trading Rep:
HWC
OCN
Heat
Ebay

Old October 26, 2008, 11:58 AM
Allstar
F@H

YES!!! Finally fixed. I have hamachi installed, when i disabled hamachi, i could connect. :D thanks to everyone that tried to help.
My Trading Rep:
HWC
OCN
Heat
Ebay

Old October 27, 2008, 01:26 PM
Top Prospect

HIMACHI is really nothing useful it messes up your internet settings. It failed my router.. and I didn't know how to fix it for a month!! I suggest every one uninstall Hamachi.