Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 18, 2008, 09:10 PM
Rookie

Default GTA IV Pre Order?

Does anyone have any info on preordering GTA IV and then downloading it when it is released Nov 18??

Normally I use Steam for my gaming purchases nowadays and if they don't have it I usually wait till the rush is over and get it at a game store.

There anyone who has it avaliable for download?

With Left for Dead being released the same day (already preordered on Steam) I am planning to take a couple days off from work that week.

I guess preorder a copy from EB games is an option but I really like to be able to download it.
Old October 19, 2008, 09:19 AM
Allstar
F@H

real men camp outside the store until it opens :P
RAM : 4GB DDR2 800MHz (OCZ Platinum)
HDD : Main: 120GB SSD SATA2 (OCZ) Storage: 3TB SATA2 (WD Green) Backup: 500GB External USB (Hitatchi)
GFX : HD4850 (512MB)
PSU : 610W PC Power Silencer
MoBo: Asus P5Q SE
View : Acer H213H 21.5" @ 1920 x 1080

Oshawa Deathmatch Community -- An open group for Durham/Toronto Airsoft, Paintball, and Nerf players. Come join!

I am a Level/Game Designer! http://mikeseguin.webs.com/
Old October 19, 2008, 10:19 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

GravyLeg, I seriously wouldn't take a couple days off of work to play games. I mean, you could buy more games with the money you earned for those days you worked! HAHA. Left 4 Dead will be more enjoyable in the dark anyway, so just stay up a little later than usual. No videogame is worth taking a day off from work.
Old October 19, 2008, 10:36 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

Depends where you work I guess.
RAM: 1x2GB
OCZ DDR2-800 PC2-6400
+ 2x2GB Crucial DDR2-800 PC2-6400
= 6GB RAM (finally more than 2GB!)
GPU: XFX GeForce9800GTX+
HDDs: 500 Seagate, 640 GB WD Caviar Black
PSU: CoolerMaster 600W
Old October 19, 2008, 10:52 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojangles View Post
GravyLeg, I seriously wouldn't take a couple days off of work to play games. I mean, you could buy more games with the money you earned for those days you worked! HAHA. Left 4 Dead will be more enjoyable in the dark anyway, so just stay up a little later than usual. No videogame is worth taking a day off from work.
I only play a couple hours max at a time. Mostly at night. Any more and my eyes bleed.
Old October 19, 2008, 12:17 PM
Allstar

I hope it's on Steam ... I hate optical media so much ...

I've been impatiently waiting on GTA IV for PC for like a year now; even before it came out on the consoles :P
Old October 19, 2008, 01:00 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Good question Gravy. I was going to boycott this release as I've been a faithful GTA fan since GTA 1 and have every single game and addon they ever released yet every release since it's gone 3d has come to pc later and later as rockstar snubs it's nose at the platform that gave GTA it's start and popularity.

Strictly bussiness I suppose but I'll gripe about it on a personal level nontheless. I'll probably have to wait for it even longer to come to stores around me as I live in the sticks and my rig is a STEAM free zone.

GTA IV is releasing at about the worst time ever as theres so many quality releases hitting the shelves in the 4th quarter. I'll pick up GTA when it hits the bargain bin because theres just to many great titles to occupy my time with like Dead Space, Far Cry 2, Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3, Fallout 3, Call of Duty: World at War, Need for speed undercover and my gaming dollar is going to be used up on those new games and GTA4 with it's 7 month delay to pc can just wait another good spell. Go sit in the corner and sulk rockstar...lol
Old October 19, 2008, 01:03 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
I hope it's on Steam ... I hate optical media so much ...
I would prefer both since not everybody can get cable or dsl where they live and not everybody is willing to accept requiring an active internet connection to launch things.
Old October 19, 2008, 01:28 PM
Rookie

Yes I am dissappointed in the fact that Rockstar has really let down PC gamers. I nearly bought an Xbox just for this title but after seeing some consoles and thier graphics it made me decide to wait, (seriously, graphics are only slightly better than Pong).

Quote:
I live in the sticks and my rig is a STEAM free zone
I hear that, with only dial-up in rural areas Steam is not an option for a lot of people. Most of my newer titles are from Steam but it is nice to have an actual physical copy if you are old fashioned like me.

I guess I may have to actually go to a store and interact with other human beings to get this game.

As for taking time of from work, I can't really afford to take time of from work and go to mexico for a week this winter like I did a couple years ago so I decided to take a couple 2 or 3 day virtual holidays this winter. I love my gaming, 8-10 hrs straight on TF2 describes most of my Saturdays, and most LAN parties I have ended up vomiting from exhaustion, not bragging, that's just how obsessive I am
Old October 22, 2008, 12:37 PM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwaysrun View Post
I'll probably have to wait for it even longer to come to stores around me as I live in the sticks and my rig is a STEAM free zone.
... Qualicum is only a 20-minute drive from Nanaimo, which has Futureshop, Best Buy, 2 x Staples, London Drugs, EB Games, Wal-Mart, etc. that will all be carrying it