Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

View Poll Results: Which game would you prefer for the initial server?
Call of Duty: 4 34 68.00%
Team Fortress 2 9 18.00%
Other; Please specify in your post! 7 14.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 15, 2008, 04:53 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Poll: HWC Gaming/Ventrilo Server

So I spoke with Gav and he asked me to post a poll and get some feedback. I would like to set HWC and it's members up with a gaming server and a Ventrilo server for their use.

I have in mind COD4 with a possible TF2 and or COD5 server when it is released.

The Ventrilo server would start out at a 50 member cap and I havn't exactly decided how I'd manage it's use but I may require people to use their forum names as log ins for the server so I can reserve their spots should others log in it. I intend to allow the server to be used for just about any game a HWC member would play online, not just the hosted game server.

Please vote in the poll and discuss below any other points you have. I am hoping to host the server as central in CANADA as I possibly can, I have current ones in Montreal that work well with many of my current US and CAN west coast players and they work wonderfully.

I'd really like to get a sense of how much the servers would be used and so on so please feel free to speak your mind!

Edit: I also told Gav that I would allow current forum mods to have access to the servers for mod/control privs if they chose, I'm in no way asking them to do more work but if they would like admin privs I am willing to set them up!
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old October 15, 2008, 05:31 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

COD4 COD4! Although I am pretty consistent already on the LLC COD4 server...

Coolermaster ATCS 840 w Window panel
MSI Z77A-GD65
Intel i7 3770K @ 4.6GHZ 1.28v
Galaxy GTX 680 @ 1241MHZ
8GB Mushkin Blackline 1600MHZ 9-9-9-24 1.5v
Asus Xonar Essence STX
OCZ Z-Series GOLD 850W
2 x 128GB Corsair Force GT SATA3 SSD RAID0 :)
Acheiva Shimian Q270 Lite 2560x1440

Benq W500 Pojector.

Watercooling:
EK Supreme HF, EK FC GTX 680 Block, MCR320+Gelid Silent 12 Push/Pull, DD Pump, EK Multioption 100ml Res, EK Coolstream XT 220 RAD Gelid Wings Push/Pull.
Old October 15, 2008, 05:39 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Haha Yeah I've got my servers too but I'd like to get everyone here more involved and playing together!
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old October 15, 2008, 05:48 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I play CoD4 from time to time, same with TF2, so if we can get a server for each game, that'll be great!
Old October 15, 2008, 05:52 PM
Quadfather

My System Specs

I dont have a legit copy of CoD4, can i still play? lol. TF2 would be my preference.
Old October 15, 2008, 05:52 PM
MVP

I love them both but I'm more competitive when it comes to COD 4 for that gets my vote.
Old October 15, 2008, 05:53 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

hmm COD4 or TF2 but more preferably CS:S! This Christmas season there are so many multi-player games that look interesting. COD:WaW looks good too.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old October 15, 2008, 05:58 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

I usually only game in the winter when it's too cold to fiddle around in the garage at night. So I usually get creamed by snot-nosed 14 y.o. kids when I do get around to gaming. At least if you get this server going I'll know who that snot nosed kid is!

This sounds like a great idea, and TBH I think using your forum name is a good idea, then you know who's who. BTW I voted for COD4.
EVGA GTX 280 (SC?)
OCZ Gamer Xtreme 600W PSU
Cooler Master Cosmos on water
Old October 15, 2008, 06:00 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I'd like to start with a COD4 because it's a great game, but I can see if there is enough interest expanding into other games. Once you get one server and a vent with a company, the next few are so cheap it's insane!
Old October 15, 2008, 07:06 PM
Allstar
F@H

Well i have never played an online game yet but i would think cod4, or 5 would rock ! !!1 my team could use me for sniper bait i guess lol :)