Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

View Poll Results: Which game would you prefer for the initial server?
Call of Duty: 4 34 68.00%
Team Fortress 2 9 18.00%
Other; Please specify in your post! 7 14.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 6, 2008, 09:51 AM
Hall Of Fame

COD4 COD4 COD4 COD4 COD4 COD4 COD4 COD4 COD4 COD4 COD4 COD4 COD4 COD4 COD4 COD4 COD4 COD4 COD4 COD4 COD4 COD4 COD4 COD4 COD4 COD4 COD4 COD4 COD4 COD4 COD4 COD4 COD4 COD4 COD4 COD4 COD4
:bananafunk y::bananafu nky:

You rock Encorp.. .. That would be great

edit: I like the idea of turning airstrike/heli off.. but keep the 3 skill strike, radar option on.

One thing I'll suggest is keep a rule on no spawn killing, and make spawn points away and not in common areas, they are lots of servers, where the spawn point is inside a building, the stairs is next to it, the guy is hiding right there, keeps killing everybody who spawns there, it sucks.
Samsung 931BW 19" LCD, Logitech MX Revolution
Old November 7, 2008, 09:18 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Nothing wrong with spawn killing imo. If one team fails to protect it's spawn area they deserve all they get.
Moving spawn points isn't something that can be easily done anyway.

Another thought: If this goes ahead please don't make it hardcore! Getting so sick of idiots with P90's randomly spraying bullets everywhere and lucking out and getting a kill. At least with non-hc you need to hit the target 3-4 times (most auto guns) to get the kill which eliminates most of the lucky spray n pray kills.

Also, with non-hc nade launchers and heli's aren't nearly as annoying because you can often survive them.
Old November 7, 2008, 10:37 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I don't do hardcore, because it's pointless hahaha, I would do hardcore if all it was was no crosshair and extra dmg/no radar - but I hate not having my ui up not showing my ammo etc lol
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old November 7, 2008, 10:58 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregH View Post
Nothing wrong with spawn killing imo. If one team fails to protect it's spawn area they deserve all they get.
Moving spawn points isn't something that can be easily done anyway.

Another thought: If this goes ahead please don't make it hardcore! Getting so sick of idiots with P90's randomly spraying bullets everywhere and lucking out and getting a kill. At least with non-hc you need to hit the target 3-4 times (most auto guns) to get the kill which eliminates most of the lucky spray n pray kills.

Also, with non-hc nade launchers and heli's aren't nearly as annoying because you can often survive them.
First off.. spawn killing in Death Match totally sucks.. On TDM, I don't care. I know it can't be done easily..

I don't mind heli's tbh, I've been quite successful in hiding from them :P.. The main thing, air strike. I bloody hate that, you just spawned and your dead again lol.
Samsung 931BW 19" LCD, Logitech MX Revolution
Old November 7, 2008, 11:02 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

oh yeah, spawn killing in FFA is stupid.
I forgot about that game mode since I haven't played it except to do the challenges.

Played some HC last night and what a joke.
Pretty much went like this:

Noobtubed - dead
Airstrike on spawn - dead
Noobtubed - dead
airstrike on spawn - dead
Noobtubed - dead
heli on spawn - dead (before I even got the enemy helicopter approaching warning!)

1 min of that that was enough to convince me to go back to non-HC tdm.
Old November 7, 2008, 12:55 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Actually COD:WAW is even more balanced in regards to this stuff, just because they had to stick to a WWII theme so they couldn't really exploit insane things that wouldn't have been invented yet haha.

Actually having no radar has got to be the biggest difference, a good cod4 player can really destroy people if they can monitor the radar well and shoot quickly, you should see the player kill streaks I've gotten just because the other team was full of people who couldn't use the radar hahaha.
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old November 7, 2008, 09:27 PM
MVP

I'm always up for a good game of TF2.
Although I've been abusing the hell out of the L4D demo, and most likely L4D when it releases.

[shameless plug]

NCIX has sponsored a server for gaming purposes located in Seattle.
A bunch of (mostly source) games on it.

Only thing we're missing is a consistent player base.
Full listing of games: NCIX Gaming • Portal

[/shameless plug]
Old November 7, 2008, 10:03 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I would like to see a Hardcore cod4 server, possibly cod5. My clan (ESAW) plays competitve HC, its great fun the game mode just takes a bit getting used to. Its moreso about reaction time and accuracy i find, more realistic (i hate pumping multiple bullits into someone to make them drop) and snipers are 1 shot 1 kill. We host a HC and non HC server that are just about full every night. I think what keeps people coming back is a few rules which we have. No noobtubes, or martydom. Also admins are very active so i belive the community appreciates that. If your concerned about chopper rapage, you can set the chopper damage way down, or their health to 1. On the topic of spawn raping, I see no problem in it, the only mode it can be a big problem on is ffa, and that gametype is not big compared to TDM. The way I see it, a player pops up in front of you when you happen to be looking in that direction, either they die, or you get caped for standing there with a dazed look in your eyes.
Old November 10, 2008, 07:28 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

So COD4 or 5 guys?

I'd like to get this going in the next couple weeks for sure. As well as the ventrilo.

Also what do you guys who play the game already think of the game modes?

I am partial to Domination/Sabotage/Headquarters with the odd Team Death Match.
Old November 10, 2008, 07:33 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I dunno encorp but I'm definately buying Cod 5 tomorrow. I'll grab cod 4 if it's reasonable just so I'm set to game on with whatever you folks choose to play. ohhh zombies yipee!