Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

View Poll Results: Which game would you prefer for the initial server?
Call of Duty: 4 34 68.00%
Team Fortress 2 9 18.00%
Other; Please specify in your post! 7 14.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 4, 2008, 06:35 PM
Top Prospect

CoD4 or TF2...but i kick serious butt in CoD4 so my vote goes to that.
Old November 4, 2008, 06:50 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

L4D is really awesome hahaha

But yeah, COD4 is still 50.00 - it is actually the most played FPS of all time topping something like 2 million users a couple months back.
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old November 5, 2008, 07:22 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I'm hoping the price comes down when CoD 5 comes out. I did like the CoD 4 demo. The SP in that was totally intense. Or maybe I'll just bite the bullet and buy it if we are going to do this Vent thing. I just hope it's at west coast friendly times. These always seem to happen when I am not even home from work yet lol.

Oh and Muah ha ha ha ha ha!

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old November 5, 2008, 07:38 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

We seem to have a good amount of people from ontario and east as well as a lot in B.C. so Im sure there would be groups that get together at convenient times for each time zome. Screw the people in the middle!

So is this thing a definite go? If it was going to host CoD4&5 couldn't at least the CoD4 be up and running now? Is it a money issue? I don't really know how these things work so forgive me if those are dumb questions.
EVGA GTX 280 (SC?)
OCZ Gamer Xtreme 600W PSU
Cooler Master Cosmos on water
Old November 5, 2008, 08:04 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by biff View Post
but if you play it on the hardest level it will take a lot of do-overs...
Actually it wasn't too bad.
Way easier than CoD2 was on veteran anyway.

TV station mission was a bit of a pain but other than that, nothing too difficult from what I remember. Might have to play through it again if I can tear myself away from MP.

Hope this server does end up being a go!
Old November 5, 2008, 08:41 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

I voted for COD4, like Biff now that the weather is getting colder I might have to fire up the computer and get back into the mp action, sounds good!!!
Old November 5, 2008, 02:05 PM
Top Prospect

what do you guys think about the 5 and 7 kill spree rewards?

I personally hate it because its so lame...which is why i don't pub the game much. If i was to play it a lot i would only play on leagues where its turned off. If i was to decide on rewards, i would make the point system like arcade mode, more kills you get without dying, more points you are awarded per kill.
Old November 5, 2008, 02:48 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

We modded the heli on our server to 1 hp and no ammo so you can take it out with a pistol round - makes it much more enjoyable.

Heli is way too powerful on most pub servers: Whoever gets the first one tends to dominate the map.

That being said, I'll still abuse the hell outta them when I get one :D
Old November 5, 2008, 03:28 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Yeah I'd probably turn the heli off; airstrikes are fun but who knows, the COD:WAW ones are way better, tanks and dogs and artillery though, plus it's a slower game because there are not a lot of machine guns etc
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old November 6, 2008, 07:11 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Rather than turning the heli off I'd suggest modifying the hp to 1 and/or ammo to 0. Alternately, you can also change the percentage of the target the chopper needs to see before it'll fire - perfect solution to those wtf moments when it shoots you through the roof/wall.

Reason being is that if you turn it off then you become an "unranked" server which means people won't be able to level up.