Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

View Poll Results: Which game would you prefer for the initial server?
Call of Duty: 4 34 68.00%
Team Fortress 2 9 18.00%
Other; Please specify in your post! 7 14.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 16, 2008, 10:03 PM
Allstar
F@H

I dont have COD4 but I'd pick up a copy if enough people want to get on this server.
Old October 17, 2008, 09:21 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

So I am definitely going to set this up, BUT I am waiting for COD5 to release, I played the beta and it's amazing, I'll check the player pool once it arrives and see where to go; I'm holding off on the vent server till then because of combo deals with ordering both from the same company!
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old October 17, 2008, 09:53 PM
MVP
F@H

I think COD5 would be good as everyone will be new to the maps and it would give us newbs a bit more of a chance (a bit,not much) against the more experienced as we all would be learning the maps together.

I've seen Nov 11 and Dec 31 as release dates. Anyone know which is right?
Old October 17, 2008, 10:11 PM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreqE1 View Post
I think COD5 would be good as everyone will be new to the maps and it would give us newbs a bit more of a chance (a bit,not much) against the more experienced as we all would be learning the maps together.

I've seen Nov 11 and Dec 31 as release dates. Anyone know which is right?
To the best of my knowledge, Nov 11 is the official release date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by encorp View Post
So I am definitely going to set this up, BUT I am waiting for COD5 to release, I played the beta and it's amazing, I'll check the player pool once it arrives and see where to go; I'm holding off on the vent server till then because of combo deals with ordering both from the same company!
Sounds like a plan! While I must say I'm not to happy about stepping back into WW2, I have been hearing that they've been doing a great job on the game, so fingers crossed. I swear to god, single player better have me as immersed as COD4 did.

Anywho, to you I salute for setting this up! Sure as hell you'll see me lurking in their when I'm online

Old October 17, 2008, 11:23 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Well I'll still end up getting schooled I'm sure but it does make it a little more fair with everyone being new to the maps. This sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun, and TBH I don't care that I'm not going to be that good at least it will be people we know (somewhat) not some faceless player out in cyberspace somewhere. It has me thinking back to the days of lap-linking and playing ROTT. Anyone remember ROTT!? Have you given any more thought as to the user names? I still like the idea of your HWC name being the username. If it's not a requirement then I hope people will do it anyway.

I'm going to have to practice up on COD4 so at least I'm not too rusty.
EVGA GTX 280 (SC?)
OCZ Gamer Xtreme 600W PSU
Cooler Master Cosmos on water
Old October 18, 2008, 04:54 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Don't worry about good or bad or what haha. I play FPS (Esp TF2 and COD$) very competitively and consider myself semi-pro - but you don't have to be to enjoy the game at all! Plus maybe it'll open the door for people to play other games etc (MSN Backgammon anyone? HAHAHA)

As far as COD5: WaW goes, a lot of people keep complaining about it being WW2; I'd complain too except that the storyline is really, really good, and the COD engine for this generation of the game is amazing at portraying it. In COD4 right now the game comes down to Radar management and quick to draw kills with semi autos or automatic; basically making single shot guns only good for range. COD4 is all about being a sniper, except sniper rifles suck ass in the game so you end up using regular rifles with scopes.

WaW changes that; same multiplayer feel entirely, except now there really isn't a lot of automatic choices so people end up usinig single shot weapons etc, and the flamethrower is truly amazing for taking out rooms of people, and with no radar to tell you where people are it really ups the gameplay I think!
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old October 18, 2008, 12:04 PM
Top Prospect

A vent server for HWC would be aweosme.

For all the people wanting to play TF2.. The CS:S clan i am in (PoonTangClan) has 2 TF2 servers, unfortunatly they are missing people playing on them. The admins on our servers are alot of fun.
Old October 20, 2008, 05:05 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Dec 31st can't come soon enough, I'm dying to play COD: WaW live, the beta is amazing!
Old October 20, 2008, 05:18 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

This really does sound like a lot of fun, as long as an old cat like me won't be a hindrance to my team mates. I guess I could always take point. Some poor shmuck has to do it lol.

The world is your oyster. Shuck away my friend, shuck away!
Old October 20, 2008, 06:55 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

It's pretty easy to learn! I fancy myself a really solid COD4 player, the best tip I could ever give someone is to find a gun you feel comfortable with and stick with it! hehe