Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

View Poll Results: Which game would you prefer for the initial server?
Call of Duty: 4 34 68.00%
Team Fortress 2 9 18.00%
Other; Please specify in your post! 7 14.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 16, 2008, 01:48 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default CoD World at War

Here's some video to help people make up their mind. Multiplayer in CoD:WaW looks pretty darn good.

Gametrailers.com - Call of Duty: World at War - Multiplayer Downfall Trailer HD

The world is your oyster. Shuck away my friend, shuck away!
Old October 16, 2008, 02:04 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Graphics looks the same as COD4 which might mean I get another winter out of my 8800GT
EVGA GTX 280 (SC?)
OCZ Gamer Xtreme 600W PSU
Cooler Master Cosmos on water
Old October 16, 2008, 02:15 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterlarry View Post
Here's some video to help people make up their mind. Multiplayer in CoD:WaW looks pretty darn good.

Gametrailers.com - Call of Duty: World at War - Multiplayer Downfall Trailer HD

oooh it looks nasty but I don't like 'dehgs'
Old October 16, 2008, 02:21 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Why make it for a specific game? Why not setup a HWC Vent server and just have subchannels for different games?

Or has vent changed since I last used it a few years ago - do you have to have a specific game or purpose for it?
Old October 16, 2008, 03:19 PM
Fallen Folder
F@H

My System Specs

I've been wanting to play CoD4 online, but I'm afraid to get pwned by a ten year old who shouldn't even be playing the game

Old October 16, 2008, 03:50 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiXT View Post
Why make it for a specific game? Why not setup a HWC Vent server and just have subchannels for different games?

Or has vent changed since I last used it a few years ago - do you have to have a specific game or purpose for it?

I'm not making it for a specific game ahaha, I actually never said it was only for COD4, I was actually asking everyone if they'd use it for MORE than just the game!

p.s. COD5 is made on the exact same engine as COD4 and it was actually started at the same time just not slated to come out until after.
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old October 16, 2008, 04:36 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

This is a great idea,i love COD4 and maybe more if i can kill HWC members . Is the server going to be in Toronto?,if so, it may be ok for every one .I play on servers from Toronto and play is great from here,low ping
Old October 16, 2008, 05:18 PM
Allstar
F@H

i have a 50 man vent right now if you all want to get on, try it out and discuss the games you might want to play. :)
i usually only use it with a couple friends when we want to play WOW and hide from our COD4 clan (they cry when we play wow... hehe)

208.100.14.167 port 3809
no password

i'll make a HWC channel so you can join that one and you'll know who is from here.

Old October 16, 2008, 05:38 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Counter strike: source anyone? :D
|::|CPU: i7 920 "D0"@?|::|MOBO: EVGA Classified|::|RAM: 6GB G.Skill Trident ddr3|::|GPU: BFG GTX 275|::|HDD: 2xSamsung F1 1TB|::|PSU: Ultra X3 1000W|::|Sound: Xonar DX|::|Powered by Heatkiller 3.0 LT/EK GTX275/EK Classified/Feser One X-360 TFC|::|Silverstone TJ 07
LCD: Samsung T260 25,5|::|Logitech Z5500
Project: Classified by Hausner - work in progress.
Old October 16, 2008, 05:54 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by encorp View Post
I'm not making it for a specific game ahaha, I actually never said it was only for COD4, I was actually asking everyone if they'd use it for MORE than just the game!

p.s. COD5 is made on the exact same engine as COD4 and it was actually started at the same time just not slated to come out until after.
doh!

I'm a newb - I thought they may have turned vent into an Xfire kind of deal or something and now it could be paired up with a game to use it in-game or something - Apparently I was over complicating things.

I only play TF2 but it sounds like a great idea!