Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 23, 2008, 05:38 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

The texture are great, but it seems that I'm always doing the same thing.. riding an assault truck and killing enemies on the way. I'm a bit disappointed honestly

Back up - Ebay (Inik1) or Heatware
Old October 23, 2008, 05:39 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Lol Darkstar its no COD4 hehe. I'm willing to give it a try. Probationer says it has a pretty awesome MP. I will be the Judge of that hehe.

Coolermaster ATCS 840 w Window panel
MSI Z77A-GD65
Intel i7 3770K @ 4.6GHZ 1.28v
Galaxy GTX 680 @ 1241MHZ
8GB Mushkin Blackline 1600MHZ 9-9-9-24 1.5v
Asus Xonar Essence STX
OCZ Z-Series GOLD 850W
2 x 128GB Corsair Force GT SATA3 SSD RAID0 :)
Acheiva Shimian Q270 Lite 2560x1440

Benq W500 Pojector.

Watercooling:
EK Supreme HF, EK FC GTX 680 Block, MCR320+Gelid Silent 12 Push/Pull, DD Pump, EK Multioption 100ml Res, EK Coolstream XT 220 RAD Gelid Wings Push/Pull.
Old October 23, 2008, 06:35 PM
Hall Of Fame

That's the trouble with true sandbox format - you can't place the objectives one after the other, so you have to travel a little to get from one place to another. Can't have it both ways, I'm afraid.

But if we're going to complain about nitpickingly stupid details - are those ing gazelles packing kevlar vests or something?
Old October 23, 2008, 06:37 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Why are people hating so much on just flashlights and leaning? K they could have easily put in a flash light but you never need it because it doesn't get dark enough anyway. And prone is not that big of a deal because lots of games don't have it. About 1/2 FPS don't have lean either. Just enjoy the game and stop complaining about every minor detail. My 2 biggest complaints right now are the AI can be a bit buggy and triggers to open doors or heal teammates, ect. To be honest I find this game much more realistic then Crysis. This game only takes one or two shots to kill an enemy and you can die VERY quickly if you get surrounded. Another complaint is that this game is not as optimised as Crysis is. I can run Crysis enthusiats with 8xAA with smooth frame rate but Farcry 2 I can run max but only 2XAA smooth.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old October 23, 2008, 06:44 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I just installed it and couldn't wait to install the hotfix because I wanted to see the before and after difference. Looks kinda drab and really bland but as most said it isn't prettied up with a lush rain forrest background so thats to be expected. The trees and lighting are very nice! The faces are somewhat of a throwback though, as I remember looking close at faces in Crysis on the aircraft carrier the NPCs faces don't have the shading and porous texture that looked so fantanstic in Crysis. Just finished up clearing the 1st mission with the hostage and I completely decimated the 5 guys at the outpost heheh rawr! Crash.... Game just exited unceremoniously to desktop. Time for hotfix methinks. I ussually have this sixth sence when I'm playing a game that was meant for a console, I don't know if I get that feeling from the wierd control scheme or from the lack of control but I'm getting that console feeling in my gut. BTW WTH is up with the guys arms? Man they look like albino meat stumps, I mean really I know the guys got malaria and all but I haven't seen arms looking that bad since Soldier of Fortune. Maybe it's just that I selected the pasty Irish dude as my hero. /shrug.

*Edit. Someone PM me a vent server info please, I wanna multi with Canucks!
Old October 23, 2008, 07:21 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

I smell a HWC Far Cry 2 Clan if the Multiplayer is any good :P

We almost need to have a seperate forum for any HWC Gaming Groups - Hmm
Old October 23, 2008, 07:36 PM
Allstar
F@H

I dont see why everyone feels the need to compare every little detail of the game to crysis lol, fc2 isnt the same engine nor the same developer. That aside im loving this game, sure its not AS amazing as its been made out to be, but its till for better than any game ive ever played. One person i was talking to said it has a gta feel to it, and it really does lol. Its like an africa based realistic looking gta.
Mobo: ASUS M3A79-T Deluxe
Memory: 4gb OCZ Platinum 1000mhz ddr2
Graphics: 2x Sapphire 4830s in Crossfire
Keyboard: Logitech G11
Mouse: Logitech G9
HD:WD 640gb Caviar Black + 750gb Seagate
#hardwarecanucks on irc.enterthegame.com
Old October 23, 2008, 08:18 PM
"Quote This..."
F@H

Grand Theft Africa.
Old October 23, 2008, 08:36 PM
Allstar
F@H

anybody having this same problem:
Far Cry 2 Urgent Help Plz
???? its really bugging me, if anyone knows please help me out
Mobo: Asus P6T Deluxe | CPU: i7 940 | Ram: 3x2 GB | HSF: CM V8 | GPU: HD 6950 | PSU: PCP&C 750W | ]HDD: WD 500gb x3, 120GB Vertex 2 | Case: Antec 1200 | Monitor: 3x Asus VE247H | OS: Win7 Ultimate x64
My Trading Rep:
HWC
OCN
Heat
Ebay

Old October 23, 2008, 08:43 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inikurmoma View Post
The texture are great, but it seems that I'm always doing the same thing.. riding an assault truck and killing enemies on the way. I'm a bit disappointed honestly
Well at least you can kill those enemies 1,001 different ways so Ubisoft says, for added gameplay They claim you have full control over environment and everything is destructable - well it's funny because those missle launchers sure don't seem to touch those electric poles when hit - they bounce right off