Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiXT View Post
FYI:

Try putting in the promotional code:

THaCupR4

That should unlock the extra 3 missions :)

Let me know if it works. I am still downloading on my home computer >100kb/s :(

Shaw sucks.
Thanks I unlocked the missions!

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old October 23, 2008, 10:17 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H

Go into options, game, set mouse smoothing to on.

Fixed it for me.
Old October 23, 2008, 10:19 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H

Also, I was only getting stereo sound until I did this:

edit the file DARE.INI in the "\Far Cry 2\Data_Win32\SoundBinary" folder. Edit the line:

DISABLE_OPTIMISATION=TRUE

to:

DISABLE_OPTIMISATION=FALSE

Worked for me. Full positional audio now.
Old October 23, 2008, 10:29 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeetard View Post
No, I have sp1 installed and I still get that message. Bit of a hitch it seems.

This game looks waaayyyyyy better than Crysis ever could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiXT View Post
In truth - I actually like Crysis Warhead, and the CryEngine2 a little better in terms of graphics quality than the Dunai in FC2.

Crysis WH has more detail and more depth to much of the landscape. Rocks for instance, have a more natural texture, with the appropriate lighting to make it feel real and crisp. Rocks generally have jagged edges not all round.
With FC2 much of it feels rather 2D, don't get me wrong the HDR and lighting is great, but there is something about the texturing and modelling that makes makes it feel to "rounded" and smooth.

Also, with Crysis:WH and the engine, the FOV is far superior. Also the far to near refreshes are much smoother, FC2 has a great short range to medium view, with alot of detail, but Crysis absolutely perfected the gradual progession of view, rather than having such a sharp contrast between closer and far away.

Either way, there is much playing to be done :)
I don't know. I don't have the game yet, but from what I have seen floating around on the web, I'd say FC 2 textures are lower res than Crysis. Probably one reason why it plays smoother. IMO Crysis Warhead or Crysis Natural Mod looks better. I'd bet there'll be something like the Nat Mod for this too down the road.

What are your guy's thoughts on this post in another forum on the gameplay. I'd be interested to here your perspectives.

Notebook Forums and Laptop Discussion - View Single Post - Farcry 2 Gameplay Thread

Quote:
1) car fix animation - totally pointless and unrealistic (EDIT: after all the other glaring omissions its even more irritating that they spent time making this animation instead of including something like a flashlight or a lean function or a prone function OR a "climb out of that window" function)
2)MAP/MONOCULAR - whenever you have the map out it obscures the entire screen, this would be okay BUT this is the only time you can use the binocular...which means that you CANT see the screen until you zoom in with the binoculars (monocular in this case), EXTREMELY annoying, no idea how this made it past the beta stage, try holding a map in front of your face in real life and then using the binoculars quickly switching between the map and binoculars zoomed in you'll quickly understand how frustrating it is
3) no compass on HUD, its great they went for the no-hud design but it really sucks to have to look at your map every 3 seconds to get your bearings, not very realistic imo since IRL he'd have a mini compass on his wrist or something
4)cant go prone...EVAR
5) cant open doors to simple mudshacks until the appropriate game cue is triggered, in this case it was a phone call which i chose to ignore and thus could not get into the house but as soon as i finished talking all it took is a twist of the doornob and i was in...UNREALISTIC, why not give the ability to kick open doors?! even though most of them are unlocked to begin with you just cant open them..lame
6) weapons light up with that golden glow, just like COD4, havent found a way to turn it off, kills realism
7) cant lean side to side...are you serious?!
8) cant climb out of windows big enough to fit a suma wrestler at full height....some windows can be climbed out of while identical ones cannot, it makes no sense at all and kills realism
9)cant climb anything...at all..not even a small one-story wooden shack...no environment interaction = boring

ill put more as i come across them but im pretty heavily disappointed

EDIT: okay here's another one: one of your first missions is to assault a camp and there's a fence running around it but its not really a fence its posts with 2 wires (not even barbed wire just wire) runnig between them with a gap big enough that a cow could walk through it, but you have to run around it because you cant go through the fence..(in real life all this would require is you slightly bending your body forward and walking straight through it)...what were they thinking?!

MORE....enemy AI SUCKS...i was able to calmly stroll up to a guy with a shotgun and knife him to death with a machete while he was looking straight at me firing only one shot the whole time (which missed btw)

MORE....its getting dark and i just found out i dont have a flashlight OR nightvision...***? not even a flashlight that goes on your weapon...NOTHING, there isnt even a binding for flashlight in control options so im wondering if ill even find one later.....WOW

MORE...there is no meelee attack for the guns....wow....i thought crysis was a step back in gameplay but this game is 10 steps back from Crysis...incredible...while Crysis suit powers were unrealistic they actually helped immerse you in the game by allowing you to climb roofs jump over fences etc. all of these things could have been implemented without a super-jump but were not

EDIT: MORE....walking into a room triggers the same voiceover line over and over if you turn around and exit the house then enter again...just standing in that room looking around triggers it again...and again..and again...i wont tell you what the line is but it summarizes my feelings about this game 100%; its in the first camp, 2nd mission, brick house, cant miss it

MORE: *bit of a spoiler* after you rescue your first "buddy" you cant even talk to him he just stands there looking retardedly at the wall, 0 interaction...not to mention that the first thing he does when you rescue him is start making fun of your sickness with malaria ...and thats also the last thing he does as after that he just stands there and you cant talk to him or anything *end spoiler* 0 interaction = FAIL

EDIT: going inside some shacks is a level-change, and an automatic weapon holster, which means you cant look in the windows or anything and as soon as you enter the door is already closed behind you, which is good for the guy that i rescued because i was going to blow his brains out but since he wont leave the house from which i just rescued him (you would think he'd be running away from it as fast as he could or at least follow me since its nighttime and we're in the middle of africa and he's an unarmed white guy) and i cant take my weapon out without leaving the house so he's in the "safe zone" ....lol this is so pathetic

am i the only one that thinks these are glaring omissions?

i thought Clear Sky kind of sucked, but it was genious compared to this game

i think much of this can be blamed on simultaneous development for consoles, in fact this is a console game not a PC game as far as im concerned, i will not support such games with my money and i dont think anyone else should unless they want more watered-down FPSs

shame on all the big-name reviewers for raving about how great it is....this game was actually more over-hyped than crysis

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old October 23, 2008, 11:11 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H

lol. FC2's textures are 10x sharper than Crysis'

Way sharper.

The only reason some people think Crysis looks better is that it is set in an island paradise, all prettied up. I'll post a few shots to prove it.
Old October 23, 2008, 11:20 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H

Okay wtf. Time to eat some crow.

I just fired up Crysis wars and it looks better than it ever did. Maybe its the hotfix drivers but it used to chug along at 30 fps with blocky textures. I popped into an MP map and I'm getting 70+ fps and its nice and sharp.

I must do some digging. I was playing with the 8.7 cats because of a modified bios.
Old October 23, 2008, 11:56 AM
Hall Of Fame

That guy on Notebookreview is a classic example of the "10 feet tall and bulletproof while online" syndrome, and is clearly desperate for something to hate. Yeah, being able to lean and go prone would be nice, although I'm not really seeing the necessity yet. And yeah, the monocular is a little awkward, too. The rest of the points are frankly stupid. And he concludes that all those points can be blamed on simultaneous console development?

I'm going to guess that he's played this game for about one hour on the lowest difficulty.
Old October 23, 2008, 12:26 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Agree with the lean and the monocular (the later of which a VERY silly oversight on the devs part. I didn't use the feature since training due to the problems.)

The vehicle fixing complaint though - does the poster want the character to bust out his tool kit, roll under the car, replace the oil, fix a head gasket, take some time to do some welding and machining?
Old October 23, 2008, 05:03 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

So is it worth the $50+?

Old October 23, 2008, 05:21 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

LOL ! Some people on the IGN forums are tearing the game to pieces - seems it's getting some bad user reviews all around - and people are wondering why gamespot gave it a 9.4 ! LOL funny just reading some of those threads but it seems the same negative remarks come back with most reviews - No leaning, no flashlights I mean WTF, you'd think on such missions you would have a flashlight with you at all times, no compass, etc. I must say I agree with the comments that the voice acting is terrible, it IS - it's absolutely ridiculously piss poor - one of the worst I've listened to yet - Ubisoft claims over 100 hours of gameplay - BUT they fail to tell you that you'll probably spend 90 hours just driving across the map back and forth, getting lost, making detours, finding your target eventhough your green arrow is spot on the objective circle but ya can't find the damn target and of course the looking for diamonds :D Ubisoft has been under a lot of criticism lately - I'm willing to forget a lot of things, but some things left out like lean, flashlights, etc, unacceptable - those options are available in low-budget VALUE games !