Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 22, 2008, 05:40 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Interesting - The Promo code for the preorder of Xbox360 and PS3 versions worked to unlock the additional missions:

Code was/is: 6aPHuswe

Anyone who ordered the gamestop or collectors was it get that same code? I am interested to see if it is a unique code, or just a generic one. maybe if there are two people they have PM each other to see if they are unique - If not... maybe enlighten the rest of us :P

(The above Xbox/PS code doesn't work on PC btw)
Old October 22, 2008, 07:00 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

This game looks very good but I'd agree its not quite as pretty as Crysis in parts but still a very good looking game and very immersive.

The hotfix drivers work great for cf-average 72fps in the default benchmark tool at 1900*1200 everything maxed in XP (no AA), (4870's were set to stock)-min doesn't go below 50fps. Cat 8.10 was averaging 46fps so it was a huge leap.

GPU: PA120.3|S.Res.rev2|2x EK FC blocks| MCP655.
Old October 22, 2008, 08:10 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

O.K. well I couldn't wait for my pre-order so I bought off steam and an hour later I got to play. So I have played for a few hours and got to say this game from what I have played pwns Crysis up the $%%! It is so frikken awesome. Oh and you can die VERY quickly in this game even on easy. Well on to the AI. The AI is better then Crysis's AI but could still use some improvements but is still far better then the average FPS. One part I love is the realistic fire in this game. It is pretty fun to start something on fire and then watch everything burn as long as it is dry. Oh and snipng is really fun because you get to do nasty tactics like wounding a guy and then let some other guys come to help him and then blow them up with a rocket or something. I also like setting up traps with IED's and let them come!

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old October 22, 2008, 08:59 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

FYI:

Try putting in the promotional code:

THaCupR4

That should unlock the extra 3 missions :)

Let me know if it works. I am still downloading on my home computer >100kb/s :(

Shaw sucks.
Old October 22, 2008, 09:28 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeetard View Post
No, I have sp1 installed and I still get that message. Bit of a hitch it seems.

This game looks waaayyyyyy better than Crysis ever could.
Now if you say it is waayyyyyy better, then stop making me drool all over my desk.. and get me screenies :p..

I have never played Crysis and maybe will never play it, because it is way to heavy duty, I don't think I'll enjoy the quality that much, I rather play a game that would use up a graphics card properly, descent FR.. instead of a heavy engine game that needs really high end builds to play a game at good quality..
Samsung 931BW 19" LCD, Logitech MX Revolution
Old October 22, 2008, 10:27 PM
Hall Of Fame

It's good. It's definitely good. A little slow-paced at times, especially when going from place to place. I keep trying to activate my cloak.

Sorry, just not as pretty as Crysis:WH. It beats out CoD4 for sure, but not Crysis. They did an excellent job of it, but I'm going to go with Fixt on this - it's just not quite as "3D" as Crysis:WH. Mind, there's a reason my framerates don't drop below 45, even on 1080p, all settings maxed, 4xAA. Seems to be loading up all four of my cores fairly well, which is another thing that impressed me. So they definitely get props for their work.

On the other hand, it's definitely going to need a patch or two in the near-future. I'm getting periodic freezing that alt-tabbing out of the game fixes. Video card memory leak? Dunno. Kept exiting the game the first time I tried to use the bus system too. But it could've been much worse.

Edit: Oh yeah, that's the other thing that I'm really liking - the wind and weather effects. They did a great job on those, although they don't seem to happen very often.

Last edited by MpG; October 22, 2008 at 10:44 PM.
Old October 22, 2008, 10:39 PM
"Quote This..."
F@H

Here ya go, running at 53 fps that shot.

Old October 22, 2008, 10:51 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Installed the game tonight, The game runs perfect at 1920x1200 with everything set to maximum.

Downside? The game appears to be cropping wide screen, even though i did not notice it until i read this. Far Cry 2: Far Cry 2's Widescreen Is All Cropped Up

First BioShock, now Far Cry 2. *shakes head*
Old October 22, 2008, 11:02 PM
Rookie

Outposts everywhere just tick me off. Other then that, it's decent.
Old October 23, 2008, 09:46 AM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilyeti View Post
Installed the game tonight, The game runs perfect at 1920x1200 with everything set to maximum.

Downside? The game appears to be cropping wide screen, even though i did not notice it until i read this. Far Cry 2: Far Cry 2's Widescreen Is All Cropped Up

First BioShock, now Far Cry 2. *shakes head*
I downloaded it (I always download games before I buy them) and less that 2 minutes into the game I felt like the FOV was way too low. I also feel like the mouse is choppy and way too fast. Setting the sensitivity to as low as it can go makes the mouse feel choppy and still much faster than I normally use. When using the monocular, I can actually see the different steps in the mouse movement, like its locked to a 5 pixel grid or something. In the end, this game didn't come close to my expectation between these issues and the graphics that aren't up to what I had expected.