Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 19, 2008, 03:05 PM
"Quote This..."
F@H

Holy crap. there is a leaked copy of FC2 floating around, uncracked but it allows you to play with the map editor. I've had more fun in the last 3 hours making maps and playing on them than I did playing Warhead. It is ridiculously easy to make awesome custom maps almost like a game in itself, better than playing spore. There are going to be endless user made maps for multiplayer.

I am sooooooo getting this game.

Runs at a solid 50+70 fps @ 1920x1200 ultra settings on my rig. q6600@3.6, 4850@820/1150
Old October 19, 2008, 03:12 PM
MVP

I have NO luck in "getting" games for free so to speak. I always get ones that don't work that is if I can find them at all. I guess its technically illegal so it serves me right I guess....
Old October 19, 2008, 03:39 PM
"Quote This..."
F@H

I got tired of getting screwed out of $60 by crap games being flogged as A-list titles by greedy Publishers. Now I try before I buy. I've never finished a game I haven't paid for. I'm on the extended demo plan :)

18 wheels of steel has no business being on the same shelf, let alone the same price as CoD4 or HL2. fool me twice, shame on me but f**k you .

I just found out why my modded bios was screwing every catalyst release since 8.7, fixed it, now I can upgrade to the 8.10's with the FC2 hotfix, see if it makes a difference.
Old October 19, 2008, 03:44 PM
MVP

good luck dude I understood VERY little of that last statement.... good luck none the less~
Old October 19, 2008, 04:04 PM
"Quote This..."
F@H

I'm running a modified bios on my vid card, every ATI driver release since the 8.7's has crashed on me, black screen, because of my modified bios. I fixed the entry in my bios and re-flashed my vid card, now I am happily running with the 8.10 drivers from ATI.

To top it off, ATI released an updated driver today(hotfix) that is supposed to improve Far Cry 2. I will try it now.

Make sense?
Old October 19, 2008, 04:33 PM
Allstar
F@H

yupp gonna buy it this weekend if its out and yes there is a leaked version out but i am waiting to buy the game :) should be a keeper:)
Old October 19, 2008, 06:35 PM
"Quote This..."
F@H

Definite keeper. I've pissed away the day with the map editor and love it already. You can test out the maps and the graphics are spectacular. So are the weapons
Old October 19, 2008, 10:25 PM
Allstar
F@H

Ya lol, the map editor is really fun, and dont get mad at me, i preordered it, just wanted to test it out before i got it :P
Mobo: Asus P6T Deluxe | CPU: i7 940 | Ram: 3x2 GB | HSF: CM V8 | GPU: HD 6950 | PSU: PCP&C 750W | ]HDD: WD 500gb x3, 120GB Vertex 2 | Case: Antec 1200 | Monitor: 3x Asus VE247H | OS: Win7 Ultimate x64
My Trading Rep:
HWC
OCN
Heat
Ebay

Old October 19, 2008, 11:06 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by muse108dc View Post
CRAP, Ubisoft is using a slightly altered version of EA's DRM. Yet anouter game I can not buy.

My principles may end up having my wallet love me but having me kill myself...
Far Cry 2's DRM is not that bad - As long as you PROPERLY unisntall the game, it will automatically revoke your activation - you will be able to re-install the game and re-activate it no problem - now the only important thing is that you remember to unisntall it and it is done successfuly otherwise if you have a crash that requires re-isntalling OS and your game was not removed properly, your activation will still remain active and you will have to call and beg for mercy :D
Old October 20, 2008, 09:43 AM
MVP

My System Specs

When is this out? Thursday is what my local EB said, but I thought Tueaday.... Oh well I do "borrow" games from time to time but I am definitively buying this one.

Have been playing it for a few days on the XBOX 360, but I'm guessing it will look a lot better on the PC.